Storage Auctions

The Fayettenam Man Chronicles

The Fayettenam Man Chronicles
« on: July 02, 2011, 01:00:56 AM »
I finally bought my third locker today. (Paid $120, $60 of which I made back immediatly after purchase) Ive been jonesing pretty hard for one, and it turned out to be pretty good. It was the locker of a man who owned a Chicken and Waffles restaraunt, and he seemed to be into some pretty shady things. But, the good:

Coca Cola Items (Clock/Umbrella/Ice Chest Etc)

Harley Davidson Leather Bag/Throw Blanket

Stockpile of un-used supplies, which I organized for sale as neatly as possible (Straws/Napkins/Boxes/Plactis Silver/Menu Covers, etc etc... most all of which is still wrapped in plastic)

Other Misc Goodies: File Cabinet, cool window grates, matching photo sets, clean clothes that are actually my size/style, pretty high-end cologne, decent home-camera nude pics, and an electronic scale for weighing drugs, or other small items one may choose to weigh. I say this man may have been into bad things because of the amount of baking soda and small baggies found. But still a solid score!

I'd like to know what you guys think I could get for the coke stuff, but more so the restaraunt supplies. Would I be low or high balling for $100?

Thanks for letting me share guys /

Re: Elusive Number Three
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 03:48:58 PM »
Congrats on the unit!  That Coke and Harley stuff look pretty good. 

We hope to get our third unit this week.

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 10:14:13 PM »
Congratulations.Harley stuff always sells.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 10:59:12 PM »
nice unit, harley and coca cola stuff sells pretty well. Should have no problem selling those at a decent price. The restraunt stuff, like the straws, napkins and such. May not sell that well, could be wrong, but I know I would have a hard time selling them since you can always go to sam's, costcos, and get them pretty much pennies on the dollar. It would be something I keep and use for myself. So with that, I would guess 100 for what is shown in the photo for restaurant supply stuff, is rather steep.

Re: The Fayettenam Man Chronicles
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 12:31:55 PM »
I decided to combine all my locker purchases hence forth into one thread so I dont spam the forums.

Updates: First Unit; http://storageauctionforums.com/index.php?topic=1290.0 - 500+ profit and a nice exec chair for the house. (PC Stuff has turned out to be rather old and worthless.)

Second Unit; http://storageauctionforums.com/index.php?topic=1296.0 - Sold the drop leaf table for $30, kept some nice clothes...triple profit on this $10 locker.

Third Unit; (See Above) Sold nothing pictured, but sold enough small items where I am in the profit zone.

So on Saturday I went to a warehouse storage in a bad part of town, all the units were made out of wood. Everything was old, smelly, and creepy. My first silent auction, where we wrote bids down on a slip of paper and then she opened them and highest was the winner. I like knowing where everyone stands, but it was cool on the units no one bid on you could get them for like a dollar.

Purchased two units for $22 dollars. Unit #4 ($21 unit) in my chronicles had a few small boxes in a corner, so I took a shot in the dark. Turned out to be electronics, two DVD players, a portable DVD player, a printer, and two car stereos. One of the DVD players and printer were still shrink wrapped and un-opened. The portable DVD player _I think_ needs a new battery, the green light charge will come on but nothing on the screen. And one of the DVD players wont read discs. Who knows on the car stereos, though both are really nice. Not a bad investment.

Unit #5 ($1 Unit) Saw one nice dresser surrounded by trash and scrap so I scooped this up. When I went to move the dresser the bottom fell out! Combined with the rat poop and waterbugs the size of my thumb, everything was trashed or sent with my granpa for scrap.

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 04:16:42 PM »
Put #6 in the books. Household unit, been through about half of it and starting to feel like I over-paid. ($105) Bunch of cool knick knacks, but nothing really with monetary value outside of yard sale prices. My profit from this unit will be based on the condition of the furniture in the back..so we'll see. But man is there still something fun about going through peoples ****.

The coca-cola and harley stuff pictured above goes up for auction tonight, i'll be sure to let you guys know how it does.

Updates: Coke and Harley stuff together went for $160... that wasnt too far off what I was asking on my own. Stuff went super cheap, even bought a few things my self (Digital Pic Frame for $20).

Also after digging through my unit, I found one of those graph drawing calculators, sold it to the local school store for $25. So thats a start!

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 06:17:20 PM »
Good luck FM!

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 07:57:18 PM »
Been a while, but I'm back with #7! Havent even went inside yet; $25 locker, couple of decent bed frames and headboards, but what made me bid were these two pillar-like things, not sure if they're to a glass table or stand alone tables... 24/7 access so hopefully pics to come later on tonight.

Update: Went through 3 or 4 boxes because it was so late, alot of items good for yard sale, DVD Player, but the real kicker was finding a piggy bank, it was half full and I think I made my money back with just that...man storage auctions are awesome.

So after going through everything, was kind of a decent locker. Good things to sell: Excercise machine, coat rack, full set twin bed, Trimontina cooking set. Something told me to look the cooking set up, just because the pans were so heavy. sells at walmart for $150.

Not bad for a $25 locker!

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 07:59:15 PM »
woohoo let us know what you find!