Storage Auctions

To trade or screw up?

To trade or screw up?
« on: September 04, 2011, 06:03:25 PM »
Well a few weeks ago I posted asking how to get rid of items that arent selling and most of the responses  I got were to post on the barter sevtion of craigslist. Well I didnt post anything there. Instead ive been trying to sell my ps2 with all the goodies for a week now well this morning i get a txt asking if I would trade my ps2 lot for a set of... Yall ready... Bose in house speakers in near perfect condition. After talking to the guy he is a body tech but has been laid off due to the economy and his son is turning ten. Also his receiver went and his amp cant do it alone. So I traded the ps2 for the speakers. The speakers cost 639each new. Used they go for over 200. I was thinking taking them to either a consignment shop or posting them on CL. Any ideas on how to get rid of these. Sound systems are far from what I know.

Offline ChefJ

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: To trade or screw up?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 06:11:36 PM »
craigslist or ebay.  Consignment will take 40-60% just to sell them.  Thats a major hit.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 06:17:15 PM »
List on CL

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 06:27:18 PM »
How do you sell items that weigh 50-70lbs on ebay. How would you rate the postage and all?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 07:13:41 PM »
How do you sell items that weigh 50-70lbs on ebay. How would you rate the postage and all?

Use calculated shipping. You measure the three dimensions, add a couple of inches to each; then you weigh it and maybe add some weight for the boxing you would do. Choose the carrier you want (typically ups).

Use calculated shipping in ebay and you provide that information when you create the listing. eBay automatically calculates it from your zip to the enquiring would-be buyer's zip.

Large, bulky, heavy items fall under dwt (dimensional weight).

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 07:16:09 PM »
Also on eBay, list as LOCAL PICKUP ONLY. I do it all the time and people will come from several hundred miles away DEPENDING ON THE ITEM and how much they will save by buying used over new. THIS WORKS FOR ME...it may not work for you and I therefore hold myself NOT RESPONSIBLE for anything you do !  ::)

xx
Tools of the Trade

Started by Mike in SD

14 Replies
Last post January 09, 2014, 10:28:31 AM
by dbr831
xx
Trade Show Display

Started by mhuynh9

2 Replies
Last post June 04, 2014, 06:48:15 AM
by mhuynh9