Storage Auctions

What do you do with printers?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
What do you do with printers?
« on: January 12, 2013, 09:53:20 AM »
Printers are a fairly common item found in storage units. I never really spent much time fooling with them, i just sold them for five or ten bucks to get rid of them. Do any of you hook them up and test them or do you just discount them and blow them out the door?

Offline dbr831

• View Profile
Re: What do you do with printers?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 09:03:30 PM »
Unless they are new in a box they go straight to the free e-waste at the dump.

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 10:13:14 AM »
I'm very surprised you can get 5 - 10 bucks for them.  Your small home printers get the ink cartridge pulled to turn in to staples/office max/etc for credit.  The larger office printers I will test out.  If they work I can re-sell them.  If they don't work I pull the memory and ink cartridge out of them.  A few of the more popular HP printers that don't work I'll strip for parts.  Is a bunch cheaper to buy a used fuser then new.  Sometimes, you can't even buy new parts for some of the printers.  In today's economy every workplace looks to save money somewhere.

Offline dbr831

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 06:59:39 PM »
I never knew about the ink cartridge recycle. I just looked it up and it looks like both Staples and Office Depot give $3.00 credit per cartridge and up to 10/month at Staples and 20/month at Office Depot, payable in the form of a rewards check sent out a month to 6 weeks later.  I'm in! Boy the things we can learn on this forum.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 02:23:08 PM »
printers can be a decent garage sale or flea market sell but normally the ones i find dont have the cords and printers are so cheap these days not worth me or anyone else tracking them dwn and buying them. heck i recently ran out of ink and realied it was cheaper for me to buy an entire new printer that came with a free ink cartridge than to just buy the ink cartridge.