Storage Auctions

What do you think the max should be for this unit?

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
What do you think the max should be for this unit?
« on: July 31, 2012, 02:25:05 PM »
Here is the think. URL no longer active. My max I would bid on this unit is 380.00

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: What do you think the max should be for this unit?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 06:56:04 PM »
$250 - $300 as it sits. It would be worth another $100 or so if that treadmill was known to be working.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 08:41:55 AM »
Nay, exercise equipment has almost zero value where I live (obesity rates of close to 40%!) So $250 max.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 09:47:24 AM »
Nay, exercise equipment has almost zero value where I live

Really? Gee, you've got a lot of lazy people around you. I could sell used working treadmills for $200 all day long without breaking a sweat.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 09:57:57 AM »
Really? Gee, you've got a lot of lazy people around you. I could sell used working treadmills for $200 all day long without breaking a sweat.

At the Salvation Army as-is auction I go to all kinds of exercise equipment pop-up regularly and sell for $10 to $20.
One guy who sells near me at the flea market always has one or two on hand; sometimes they go quickly other times he has them there for a couple of weeks (if they are gone the next time I see him I don't know what happened to them).

I bought one elliptical for $20 and sold it for $100 on Clist. It retails for about $350, so I might have been able to get more, but oh well.

Our country has a huge number of obese people (just look around) and a huge number of fitness gyms too !

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 07:27:18 AM »
Guess $450....

Exercise equipment all over the place here... Too heavy and a pain to move for me to be interested in dealing with.  But hey it has a cup holder for that extra large soda that are being banned in NY.... LOL

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 06:49:24 AM »
For me - I'd of only bid $100 max.  Can get $50 for washer/dryer even if it's busted.  Xmas stuff don't interest me.  Excercise equipment is just scrap...have one sitting in my shed now.  A few DVDs, extension cord, not much in that really interest me.

Now - my competetion would go to the $200 - $250 range.  Working Washer/Dryer depending on the age go for $100-$150.  Everything else would be a gamble.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 08:29:28 AM »
Wow, people are dumb. I just checked and it's up to $460 with 26 hours still left until bids close.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 09:37:14 AM »
I just don't get the whole appeal of buying  a lkr in this manner.

If you live far enough away to have to bid on it like this and with such a limited way of looking at it (through photos) what can you truly expect when you get there and what expenses would you incur from the distant commute.

On the other hand, if you live close enough to it, can you go look at it?   Just don't get the appeal, but I haven't really checked it out that much. Seems like it's only happening in a couple of places.

Offline Jesterc333

• Up root yourself so you can gain some perspective.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 09:49:19 AM »
Did anyone else notice the jersey photo frame and signed play book in the clear blue tub. Would rethink price wise if it's an authentic signature of someone notable. I don't know sports but it looks like it is a collection from the same team. Take a second look and check out what I'm talking about.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 12:35:13 PM »
Wow, people are dumb. I just checked and it's up to $460 with 26 hours still left until bids close.

Hey !!!!!

Didn't say I would bid that high just what it will go for. LOL

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 01:07:13 PM »
I just don't get the whole appeal of buying  a lkr in this manner.

Not to mention that insecure feeling of not being able to slap your own lock on it after you've won.

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2012, 12:11:59 AM »
I won a locker last month on this site. The facility is 45 minutes away and usually their units are worth the drive. The last on site auction they had was 3 units. It took 5 hours to auction off those 3 units. There were over 100 bidders and all of the units were upstairs. Out of 100+ bidders only 5 to 6 were serious bidders. The manager didn't want the hassle of dealing with that many people again so she went this way.  As soon as I won the unit I called and headed down to clean it out. I had no problem with any of the experience.

I spoke to another regular at an auction the next week and he also bought a unit at that same auction and was very happy with the process. I really never thought about a problem with anyone going in the unit after I purchased it but I have dealt with this facility before and feel that the manager is very trustworthy.

I may not be so quick to bid if I don't know the facility or know that the manager does things that are shady.   

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 09:45:47 AM »
Strange, I clicked the link and it showed. "Item Not Found"

Hmmmm...

They delete the post after the auction so people wont laugh after they see how it was over bid

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2012, 09:47:02 AM »
They delete the post after the auction but I saw a bid of 690.00 and that was 4 mins before end of auction.

xx
Comic book about gov't secrets getting auctioned off in a storage unit "Unit 44"

Started by StorageAuctionFinds

2 Replies
Last post October 17, 2013, 03:16:45 PM
by alloro
xx
Don't touch things in the unit or Don't get caught touching things in the unit?

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post January 03, 2013, 10:13:18 AM
by craiglstauction
xx
My first Unit!

Started by Fayettenam Man

13 Replies
Last post June 23, 2011, 09:02:16 PM
by jrossjr79
xx
Your First Unit Won!?