Storage Auctions

whats the most units you ever seen for sale?

whats the most units you ever seen for sale?
« on: November 17, 2011, 11:44:23 PM »
I'm looking at a auction schedule from destinyauction and one place in NJ has 70 units for auction. Is that normal or is that alot?

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
Re: whats the most units you ever seen for sale?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 07:37:08 AM »
I'm looking at a auction schedule from destinyauction and one place in NJ has 70 units for auction. Is that normal or is that alot?

Depends on the area, I am not to familiar with teh NJ area. Here in San Antonio the most I have personally seen go for auction was 45 Lockers. However most of the time they have anywhere between 1 locker to 15 lockers for auction.

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 08:24:56 AM »
It all depends on how often they hold auctions.  I've seen 50+ units listed for auction at a caravan and then only have 30 some odd number out of 7 locations.  Just recently we did 27 units in one location just due to the fact they hadn't done an auction before (new facility) and only 3 people paid up.

If NJ stats hold the same as down here where I'm at a good 50-75% of those units will pay up and be pulled.  Like today I'm going to an auction that had 12 units in the paper.  Just called and he has 6 -- but calling on 3 more.  So we will prob end up with 3-4 units up for auction.

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 09:35:57 AM »
It all depends on how often they hold auctions.  I've seen 50+ units listed for auction at a caravan and then only have 30 some odd number out of 7 locations.  Just recently we did 27 units in one location just due to the fact they hadn't done an auction before (new facility) and only 3 people paid up.

If NJ stats hold the same as down here where I'm at a good 50-75% of those units will pay up and be pulled.  Like today I'm going to an auction that had 12 units in the paper.  Just called and he has 6 -- but calling on 3 more.  So we will prob end up with 3-4 units up for auction.

sussex county i grew up there its 90% farmland

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 09:15:31 PM »
there was one in Southern California that had 140.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 08:31:42 AM »
Miami has a ton... I usually skip reading them would have to be gold to travel that far... LOL

but stopped and counted one because it went on and on... 78 total.

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 04:11:49 AM »
there was one in Southern California that had 140.
Wha? Where?
Storage one does bulk auctions but i dont think that many

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 08:21:37 AM »
158 on a Houston U-Haul caravan.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 05:27:33 PM »
Revivin' old threads! 85

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 05:58:05 PM »
40+

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 06:02:55 PM »
Revivin' old threads! 85

Might as well get used to it. Happens every time management changes whether on the internet or at the auctions.

At the auctions a new manager always likes to let people know who is in charge, even if he and his wife ARE splitting a $36K salary for two full-time working folks.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 06:22:01 PM »
Glad you to see you guys are nostalgic. ;) If I see anymore worthy subjects, I'll raise them from the abyss as well.

Actually, I have been looking for "storage auction reality show" posts and moving them to the new category. All part of my "power trip" and plot to control the universe.  ::)

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2012, 06:51:04 PM »
Glad you to see you guys are nostalgic. ;) If I see anymore worthy subjects, I'll raise them from the abyss as well.

The only thing I see wrong with raising year-old threads is that it just spoon feeds the new people here. If they can't figure out (or take the trouble) to use the SEARCH feature, how are they ever going to to research for finding auctions or selling product at a good price ?

Actually, I have been looking for "storage auction reality show" posts and moving them to the new category. All part of my "power trip" and plot to control the universe.  ::)

You mean like Dr. Evil ?

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 07:22:01 PM »
I didn't realize that "finding auctions or selling product at a good price" had anything to do with this thread's subject.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2012, 07:38:15 PM »
I didn't realize that "finding auctions or selling product at a good price" had anything to do with this thread's subject.

Specifically, it doesn't, but my comment was aimed at the general spoon-feeding of new members who .... IMO....
need to learn how to do research on their own in many regards and more specifically on finding information which has already been published in the threads of this forum (or for that matter on other places on the internet).

To disregard the fact that we learn better by actually "doing for ouselves" is to invite questions in any number of threads, to wit:

"I have a day off tomorrow and was wondering if anyone could tell me about auctions in Podunk, KY where I might be able to get a lkr for the $50 I have?"

or

"Once I buy a locker, what do I do next?"

or

"Do I have to bring my own lock?"

IMO a worthwhile SECTION to open in the forum would be one that Drew never followed up on and that would be:

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)....check this section for any newbie questions you might have.

And finally, if "we" played strictly by the "rules" to keep a thread on topic, half the posts in half the threads in the forum would have to be re-located.  smile.  (actually, that has never been the case here...staying on topic)

Edit: Realizing that some may think an FAQ is in itself "spoon-feeding" I would say, yes, but if we are going to do it anyway, it might as well be in one place and with the frequently asked questions already answered. All they have to do is read the FAQ and it will cut down on the repeated asking of the same questions.

If the FAQ SECTION allowed them (or us) to add suggestions for further questions to be placed there, so much the better. Those posts could be deleted as the question they pose is added to the FAQ.  The goal is to make a "one stop" shop for FAQ.

xx
ENTIRE storage facilty (over 100 units) UP FOR SALE !

Started by MovieMan

4 Replies
Last post April 03, 2013, 09:40:06 AM
by craiglstauction
xx
Garage sale / Yard sale

Started by Mr Andersen

3 Replies
Last post February 12, 2011, 09:37:10 PM
by Drew
xx
whats (one) the most useful tool u have?

Started by BigBizzz

21 Replies
Last post March 22, 2012, 08:29:28 PM
by VinceRN
xx
whats your general winning bid?

Started by BigBizzz

10 Replies
Last post August 19, 2011, 11:05:06 PM
by BigBizzz