Storage Auctions

Why do you think people leave the storage auction business?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« on: March 08, 2015, 12:31:04 PM »

Re: Why do you think people leave the storage auction business?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 09:39:46 AM »
Most people think its an easy way to make allot of money, reality is as you know its hard work. It can be an income, as I have friends who have been doing it for twenty years or more, More lately its payback has been slow. And its still a whole lot of hard work.

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 01:28:25 AM »
I think you hit that right on the head.  So many people jumped into this thinking there was going to be a golden Buddha statue hidden in every locker and they were just going to haul all the money they were making to the bank by the wheelbarrow full!

Turns out not every one is cut out to deal with rat and mice turds, dirty clothes, used personal toys, garbage, cat pee, and broken furniture.  It is very hard work and the people that make the money are the ones that can sell the normal and mundane household items......it's not glamorous and you do not get rich quick!

Offline MikeMilez

• Author: "Storage Auction Authority"
    • View Profile
    • MikeMilez.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 03:41:25 AM »
Personally, I did very well with storage auctions but got stupid and bankrupted myself out of the business. Long story short, my partner and I were doing so well that we decided to open a second retail location to sell our nicer items: antiques, collectibles, high end stuff, more fancy decor, etc.

After about a month, I realized that it was too much work for the two of us to run separate locations. Instead of doing the smart thing and hiring help, I decided to close down our 5,000 sq ft warehouse and liquidate everything so that I could work in the air conditioned store-front (which was only 2000 sq ft and cost four times as much in overhead). Well, things didn't go so well there and we alienated our largest customer base: poor to middle class.

Unfortunately, the new location was in a special planning district that didn't allow thrift so we had to stick to this new business plan for the remainder of the lease. By the end, I was broke and had to close up shop.

Currently I don't have any reserve money to start up again, and I'm weighing the pros and cons of working my way back into the game, or getting a "real" job again. In the meantime, I'm trying to learn how to make money online - which is also difficult but can be highly rewarding if everything falls into place.

In the meantime, I have written an e-book detailing everything I know about being successful in the business, even if you're a newbie or have no prior business experience. I'm going to give it away for free for anyone who signs up before I officially launch it. Reserve your copy at http://StorageAuctionAuthority.com

Offline Henry

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 01:34:56 AM »
It’s probably due to the amount of work involved.  TV makes it look so easy.  Just bid on a few lockers and hit it rich.  The only thing left to do is go to the beach and have a good time.

xx
How often do people leave the auction without paying?

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post April 03, 2013, 08:38:38 AM
by Leota
xx
Why do you think most people fail in the storage auction business?

Started by Travis

9 Replies
Last post December 22, 2012, 09:11:02 AM
by theoddfind
xx
Reasons people get in the storage auction business

Started by Travis

5 Replies
Last post November 13, 2014, 09:52:43 AM
by rulesforrebels
xx
The end of the storage auction business as we know it !

Started by MovieMan

7 Replies
Last post November 20, 2012, 07:04:36 AM
by craiglstauction