Storage Auctions

Poll

Would you be more likely or less likey to attend a storage auction in conditions like heavy rain or excessive heat/cold?

More likely
5 (100%)
Less likely
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Would you be more or less likey to attend a storage auction in bad weather?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
I've heard people say that the best time to attend a storage auction is during heavy rain because there will be less people willing to brave the bad weather. There are two problems with this theory. 1. Other people think the same way. 2. People who work in construction, landscape or other outdoor jobs will get the day off and they will end up at the auction. You might actually end up with more people at the auction than you would have if it didn't rain. So what's you take on this?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
So what's you take on this?

My two takes on this (and one from you) are shown in the link below from April, 2011.

http://storageauctionforums.com/index.php/topic,1030.0.html

;D

Offline alloro

• View Profile
You left off "Wouldn't Matter" as a choice.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
 :-[Well, eventually I'm going to find a topic that we haven't talked about....you just wait! LOL

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
Bad weather doesn't effect me one way or another, if the auction is on I will be there!

As far as the crowds?

If it rains or storms there will be the same amount or MORE people at the auction.
Snow? about the same number show up.
Wind? not an issue.

The only weather related event I have seen lower crowds is a heat wave. Last June we had temps reach 106 degrees (with 85% humidity, not that dry desert heat) on an auction day. I won two units and they were some of the cheapest units I have bought.

I remember a couple of years ago we had a really bad tornado outbreak in our area, several surrounding towns were wiped out, over hundred dead, but there was an auction the next morning and I thought no one would be there. Nope, all the regulars showed up, and everybody was looking at each other like "what are you doing here?"

Offline theoddfind

• Buy big or go home!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Bad weather = Lazy people/looky loo filter

Offline Leota

• View Profile
    • Donna's Resale Attic
It never stopped us from going. Fog, rain, icy roads etc., we just take it slower on the hwys. and bundle up in layers. We get to the auctions and everyone looks the same, like drowned rats on rainy days!!!

ive gone in the middle of january in snowstorms only to find 30-40 people there (before the shows came on ) its hit or miss no matter what the weather

xx
How far would you be willing to drive to attend a storage auction?

Started by Travis

6 Replies
Last post November 06, 2012, 04:46:37 PM
by KrauseHouse
xx
Auction today in 28 degree weather!

Started by Healthe

9 Replies
Last post January 24, 2011, 09:26:15 AM
by Drew
xx
Does your significant other attend auctions with you?

Started by Travis

14 Replies
Last post July 02, 2014, 04:42:40 PM
by House of Treasures
xx
Do you attend auctions with only 1 unit?

Started by Travis

5 Replies
Last post August 08, 2013, 03:59:54 PM
by cstore7