Storage Auctions

Yearbooks? License Plates?

Yearbooks? License Plates?
« on: August 29, 2013, 07:52:31 PM »
Just curious if anyone out there sells/trys to sell license plates and yearbooks? A quick check on ebay shows vintage license plates going for a lot, and I have some more recent plates from West Virginia I just stuck out in my yard sale. As far as yearbooks go, I've saved a lot that I've found. Ive sold some from local highschools of years past for 10 bucks a pop, but have gathered a collection of out of town/state ones now. Are items like this trash to you? Whats some other weird/personal item you've been able to sell for cash?

Re: Yearbooks? License Plates?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 09:03:16 PM »
License plates sell pretty good at the store. All but the personal plates that are on a shelf in my office. I am not really keen on having those on the shelf. Just what I need is someone that knows the person seeing them as they are the last name. Those will go to the scrap yard.
As for yearbooks those go back to the storage facility as personal items. I have yet to keep one though I have only found a few.

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 11:03:28 PM »
I'd be careful with license plates that are newer. I don't know if it's against the law to sell them, but I wouldn't be shocked if it were. Yearbooks, I just toss or include with the personals that go back to the facility.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 11:34:09 AM »
License plates go on the wall of the shed. Yearbooks, high-middle-elementary school go back with the personals, College & University & Military sometimes get sold at flea market or Ebay.

Offline Adam

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 06:36:58 PM »
Old license plate sets can fetch a pretty penny online. Once bought 4 old black and yellow California plates at a flea market for $10. Turned out that they were both sets. Sold each set for over $200.

xx
License Plates Worth Keeping? Is it okay to resell them?

Started by rulesforrebels

4 Replies
Last post May 04, 2011, 08:08:08 PM
by Travis
xx
Resale License

Started by Ladylocks58

6 Replies
Last post February 06, 2012, 01:13:43 PM
by Ladylocks58
question
Paying Sales tax vs Resale License