Storage Auctions

Your favorite thing?

Your favorite thing?
« on: August 13, 2013, 01:57:54 PM »
The door rolls up. You get that breathless heart racing feeling. What is it that is behind that door?

For me it is a really great furniture piece. Mid century modern or antique. Preferably a hutch or buffet.

I have yet to find a unit where the sky is the limit. I usually have the money with me to buy what ever I want but I tend to be very cautious.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: Your favorite thing?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 02:13:27 PM »
Gold bars.....but failing that, electronics I recognize, tools (not harbor freight), etc, etc.

Sure there's a certain thrill as the door goes up, but any more (in my area) it only takes the door going up about half way to 2/3 open to either dissipate that feeling or more rarely keep a silent "Ahhhh" to myself. In fact when a good one does come up in my area SILENCE usually accompanies the reveal.

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 03:09:15 PM »
I am right there with you as far as furniture. I love seeing someones whole house, slam packed. I havent bought a 5 x 10 in a year.

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 01:52:18 PM »
I love vintage collectible stuff. If the door rolls up, and there's a Lionel train set, or a vintage guitar, or a vintage brand named box even, I'm all over it!

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 03:17:36 PM »
A large room full of mattresses in average to good condition and older refrigerators, washers & dryers.

Why? Because they sell so fast! They would be sold within 24-48 hours.

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 10:58:32 AM »
For me, I like vintage electroincs, remote control adult toys, not the cheep kids crap.  I mainly like to get units that are clean and neat, which shows that they care for there stuff.  Trash bags are a big turn off...

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 02:51:28 PM »

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 03:19:52 PM »
:o  ?

You know, the kind you used to picture and talk about freely before you owned this website and it became more "family oriented". Have been meaning to thank you for protecting the sensibilities of all the children who monitor this site on a regular basis.

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 03:26:16 PM »
"remote control adult toys" as meaning higher end remote controlled trucks, aircraft and stuff.... sorry for the mis-
underatanding.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 03:36:12 PM »
"remote control adult toys" as meaning higher end remote controlled trucks, aircraft and stuff

Yeah I'd say that was a big whoops. :)

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 03:49:47 PM »
Yeah I'd say that was a big whoops. :)

Or it played right into the hands of perhaps the ONLY person who would play at the fringes of the possible meaning of the phrase...in other words that kid who never grew out of the bathroom/bedroom humor stage of development...yeah, I know...he's "only kidding".  So am I !  ;D

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 03:54:48 PM »
You know, the kind you used to picture and talk about freely before you owned this website and it became more "family oriented". Have been meaning to thank you for protecting the sensibilities of all the children who monitor this site on a regular basis.

I think someone just gained a Karma point.  :D

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 03:58:31 PM »
Or it played right into the hands of perhaps the ONLY person who would play at the fringes of the possible meaning of the phrase...in other words that kid who never grew out of the bathroom/bedroom humor stage of development...yeah, I know...he's "only kidding".  So am I !  ;D

Sounds like someone has a chip on their shoulder.

That's the wonderful thing about Karma, she'll take care of it, I don't have to do a thing.   ;)

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 04:00:20 PM »
Sounds like someone has a chip on their shoulder.

Care to knock it off?  JUST KIDDING remember?  ;D

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2013, 04:03:21 PM »

I don't know how REAL karma is, but I do know how artificial the karma here is. To prove it, I am going to give you 3 positive karma points right now.

In my opinion...and that's all it is....giving karma here is just another way of saying "I have a bigger truck" except in this case it would be people giving negative karma to someone for whom they had contempt.

xx
What's your favorite cookie?

Started by Henry

5 Replies
Last post March 17, 2015, 02:36:03 AM
by Henry
xx
Favorite TV Shows

Started by janette

9 Replies
Last post November 28, 2014, 01:31:53 PM
by Travis