Storage Auctions

Another newbie

Another newbie
« on: August 29, 2013, 08:24:38 AM »
My name is Minh and I have just started buying lockers at storage auctions.  I made a good score on my very first unit for $170 with a nice Ninja commercial carpet a couple of Peavey speakers.  There were also a lot of nice little household items I was able to unload.  Like winning in Vegas for the first time, I was hooked.

Since then I have concentrated on small inexpensive units.  It has gone well but I have missed some good opportunities like a locker full of scaffolding and another contractor unit because I was either short on cash or just a little scared to move everything. 

I now have a friend as a partner but I will have to rethink that as well after a disastrous online auction.  He is a stand up guy and works hard but we have to find a way to minimize mistakes.  I too have made my share but they have been because I have bought trashy units for little money not overpaid for good units. 

It is still fun and I have met some great people.  Glad I have this forum to ask questions and troll.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Another newbie
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 09:10:42 AM »
Minh, welcome to the forum. We're glad to have you here. The best advice I can give you is to be conservative with your bids and only bid on what you can see. This way, everything you can't see is pure profit. You don't have to take unnecessary risks in this business. If you're just patient, eventually a good locker will come along at good price. 

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
Re: Another newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 03:30:01 PM »
Welcome and have a great time as MM would say its EPIC on here

xx
Another Newbie sorry!

Started by Terry2

1 Replies
Last post December 14, 2010, 01:34:20 PM
by Mojojoejoe
thumbup