Storage Auctions

Greetings from West Virginia

Greetings from West Virginia
« on: August 04, 2012, 02:51:37 PM »
Hello all.

I am new to this.  Just wanted something exciting to do.  I will probably keep all of the good stuff I can use (or want to use), and sell the rest.  I have been to a few auctions, but have not found one locker that I couldn't resist.

Today, I noticed something strange.  When they opened the locker, most of us got into some sort of line to view the contents before the auction started.  The auctioneer ALWAYS waited till everyone had a chance to look.  Every time, some people would basically push their way to the "front of the line" and take their sweet time looking.  With the un-structured line, I would understand that every now and then, but every time?

Oh well.  No big deal.

I almost bought a boat today... A 1980 inboard outboard motor boat.  It ended up going for $125, and they had the title to both the boat and trailer as well as the keys to the boat.  The only reason I didn't bid is because my dear wife (before even seeing the boat) said that I could NOT buy the boat.  :'(  At least I kept her happy, and I probably saved myself a headache.  ;D

Next weekend, we are going to have a multi-family yard sale here, and I will look for another auction for the week after.  Wish us luck

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
Re: Greetings from West Virginia
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 03:40:28 PM »
Just plant our feet firm.  Stand our ground.  And some hard staring is okay.   
A wife with heals and good aim to the pushers foot helps too.   ;)

A little violence never hurt anyone.  ;D

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 07:48:39 AM »
As a serious buyer, I can't be bogged down by lookie-loos, newbies, & kids in strollers. I don't push and shove, but I let it be known with my body language that I am a serious bidder and I'm going to get a good look at the unit before the bidding starts. Most people figure out after a few doors and bids who the serious folks are and don't seem to mind "letting me through". Sure, there are some who mumble about "line breakers", but this aint McDonald's, this my business and all those mumblers disappear after a month anyway.

Offline dbr831

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 08:52:22 AM »
I don't think anyone needs to push his way to the front of the line, serious buyer or not. At least in my area the auctioneers always wait until everyone gets a chance to look so whats the hurry. Sometimes if its a big crowd I would rather be near the end so there are less people behind me pushing to see. I feel like I can take more time to really look. Often if it is a unit I am interested in and I am near the front of the line I get back in line at the end to get another look in case I missed anything.

xx
West Virginia Storage Auctions

Started by Travis

0 Replies
Last post November 15, 2012, 04:27:47 PM
by Travis
xx
Here is the number of storage facilities in West Virginia

Started by MovieMan

0 Replies
Last post December 01, 2012, 10:36:56 PM
by MovieMan