Storage Auctions

Hello from California

Hello from California
« on: January 25, 2012, 11:46:01 AM »
Hello everyone! What a wonderful forum....I have been lurking and reading for a few days!!

Hubby and I did storage auctions many years ago and sold mostly at the swaps and consignment stores. We are ready to get back into it but I have realized that things have really changed..and not all postitive

I have gone to a few auctions close to home (40 miles) to re-train my eye and get a feel for things again. I was very disappointed in how they were run. The storage place is owned by a huge company with many facilities up and down the central valley and this particular one was in a great area of town but....the units were opened by the auction company, everything was pulled out looked over and sorted - valuable items were seperated then everything was auctioned seperately! Prices were outrageous. Folks were paying almost retail!

I have another on Feb 4th that should be sold by the unit but I may end up going back to the Los Angeles area to the moving company auctions!

Anywhoo.....I enjoy the site and the internet will be a useful tool as we re-start our new venture!

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
Re: Hello from California
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 07:17:27 PM »
Welcome aboard

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 01:25:32 AM »
Welcome and Enjoy!

Offline dbr831

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 08:36:17 AM »
I've been doing storage auctions for a couple years but have only run across one that breaks out the units like you described. Totally sucked. It was in Northern Calif and without naming names I am pretty sure it is the same company you ran across. I left after only a few minutes and won't go to any of their auctions again. It's definitely not the norm.

xx
Hello from California

Started by Charli

1 Replies
Last post April 01, 2013, 11:54:30 AM
by Travis
xx
Hi from California

Started by NewBuyer

8 Replies
Last post June 27, 2011, 09:38:32 AM
by MovieMan