Storage Auctions

Hello from Raleigh North Carolina!

Hello from Raleigh North Carolina!
« on: December 30, 2011, 11:43:41 AM »
Hello everyone! I've been lurking on these forums for a few weeks in addition to doing some research and since I plan on going to my first auction on the 5th, I thought it would be in my best interest to join up. I am only 18 and am currently unemployed, at community college and living with my parents, so I'm not planning on bidding until I save up a lot more money and create a solid plan, but I thought I could offer some spectator reports on the Lookie-Loo threads.

Looking forward to evolving in this business!

Re: Hello from Raleigh North Carolina!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 02:33:02 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

Good luck!

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 06:29:54 PM »
Welcome aboard.

Spent time near Raleigh NC. many years ago.  Lived in Scotland County when I was a kid.

Start doing your research on the selling end of this business. We are currently trying to find other places to sell. We are doing well but I don't like having all our eggs in one basket. Went and checked out a thrift consignment store. No thank you will keep looking.  ;)

Anyway work on that end of this. Where are you going to sell?  A lot of advice here.

Good luck

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 08:09:19 PM »

Where are you going to sell?

Well until I can save enough money to buy tables for the flea market (mine doesn't have any kind of equipment rental) I'm just planning on hoarding smalls if I can't get rid of them through ebay/craigslist. I have a local "Stuff n Such" which is a shop full of collectibles that I could sell to as a last resort. Other than that, I'm at a loss. I am very fortunate though because the Raleigh flea market happens saturday and sunday every week. It's a HUGE place and gets a TON of traffic (2.4 million annually according to their website). Also a 10x20 space is $25 a day, which isn't bad either. You don't even have to register ahead of time. You can reserve a spot two weeks in advance or show up the morning of and be assigned a spot. I've been a few times before and it's always just packed. I'm pretty excited to have something to do on some weekends since I haven't had any luck in the job market.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 05:11:43 AM »
Well I would do some more research on the selling part. Maybe a thrift consignment store, or a place to rent a space to put your things in.

The Flea Market sounds good would plan on the in advance thing if they are packed all the time.

If you are into smalls I would start with yard sale / estate sale finds. Buy cheap and sell high. That would build your seed money up.  Don't know smalls but know furniture. We hit a yard sale yesterday picked up two swivel bar stools and a nice wooden chair for $4.00.

We have a consignment thrift we use. Sold the Bar stools for $20. After her 20% and the actual cost of $3.00 we made $13.00 Profit. I know dose not sound like a lot but if you do it a lot it will add up.

I use CL and a local on line classified, find the ones that say must go, one day only ect.

The small lockers or ones with smalls are going for a lot of money at the auctions here and else where. So I would start poking around different avenues for selling, there is almost always garbage and furniture in lockers.  So would check out your local Consignment shops, thrift stores ect.

I wish you luck and do attend an auction they are interesting and fun. You may not like what you see and decide on something else but at least you will learn something. LOL   

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 07:08:56 PM »
Welcome and enjoy!

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 10:51:42 AM »
HEY

xx
Need help in North Carolina

Started by bullcity11

14 Replies
Last post May 03, 2011, 12:45:17 PM
by zbert2131
xx
North Carolina

Started by 1NC1

1 Replies
Last post January 15, 2011, 07:02:22 PM
by Drew
xx
Hello from WNC (Western North Carolina)!

Started by george357

3 Replies
Last post March 13, 2013, 02:34:07 PM
by george357
xx
North Carolina Storage Auctions

Started by Travis

4 Replies
Last post February 16, 2014, 09:53:57 PM
by Travis