Storage Auctions

Hello from the Sea-Tac Area

Hello from the Sea-Tac Area
« on: August 29, 2011, 02:26:51 PM »
Posted this in the Northwest forum, but I guess it could just as easily go here:

Hey everyone, I'm going to be moving to Bonney Lake in a couple weeks, so I thought I'd introduce myself.  I currently reside in Chicago, but haven't bought a locker for quite some time now (saving up for the move, getting my masters, insane price raising due to those damn TV shows, etc) but I'd like to get back into it eventually.  

It won't be for a couple months at the earliest, as I have to get settled in, and stable, but I figured I'd at least start going to some auctions again, to at least see how it goes down and whatnot. you know, scouting the area/bidders/etc.

I won't be buying for business/profit, like most of you, just more for collectibles/furnishing for the house so my bids will end up being few and far between (just like in the past).

I guess I'm just posting to say "hi" and to see how you guys find your auctions.  Here in Chicago, I was friends with someone who worked with an auctioneer, and they would let me know when auctions were coming up, so naturally, i'm going to be fairly out of the loop in Seattle.

Also, from reading the posts here, I noticed that you guys were feeling the inflation of prices that I also experienced in Chicago, are you guys still experiencing that?  If so I guess it'll be even longer before I bid on another unit.

cheers,

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
Re: Hello from the Sea-Tac Area
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 07:38:12 PM »
welcome!

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 10:29:40 PM »
Welcome and enjoy the forums.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 10:52:07 PM »
Avelanch,

Welcome to the forum. This is a great site and you will find it is VERY informative.

It looks like we are going to be neighbors! I live on the NW corner of Lake Tapps (no, not on the lake).

I look forward to comparing notes. I have not done much at all. Went to a couple and bought one and and done very good.

Wayne

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 02:22:18 PM »
Than ks for the welcome everybody!

Avelanch,

Welcome to the forum. This is a great site and you will find it is VERY informative.

It looks like we are going to be neighbors! I live on the NW corner of Lake Tapps (no, not on the lake).

I look forward to comparing notes. I have not done much at all. Went to a couple and bought one and and done very good.

Wayne
thanks, yeah we'll be fairly close.  You must live close to my parents old house (lakeland hills in auburn)  Maybe we'll see eachother at the auctions.  I've only really bought 3 or 4 lockers over the years, but maybe that'll change.  i'll probably just be a spectator for at least a couple months or so, but i'd love to compare notes.  we should try to meet up eventually.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 12:01:45 AM »
Avelanch,

If your in the area there is an auction in Bonney Lake tomorrow.

I'm not going for a couple of reasons.

1.) A Saturday...

2.) It is a sealed bid - open the door, the walk by, write your bid on a piece of paper and PRAY.

When you get in the area, let me know.

Wayne

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 09:16:23 AM »
Avelanch,

If your in the area there is an auction in Bonney Lake tomorrow.

I'm not going for a couple of reasons.

1.) A Saturday...

2.) It is a sealed bid - open the door, the walk by, write your bid on a piece of paper and PRAY.

When you get in the area, let me know.

Wayne
I start my 3 day drive tomorrow, so i should be in the area by thursday, late night.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 12:05:55 AM »
Avelanch,

Send me a PM when you get in the area or just post here.

Wayne

xx
How much is gas in your area?

Started by Travis

4 Replies
Last post March 14, 2015, 05:38:51 PM
by Henry
xx
Bay Area!

Started by catrone83

6 Replies
Last post January 30, 2011, 04:01:43 PM