Storage Auctions

Heyo from Mississippi

Offline NateTahGreat

• Mississippi Boi
    • View Profile
    • Email
Heyo from Mississippi
« on: August 17, 2011, 04:56:14 AM »
Heyo everybody. I'm a 'young blood' from Brandon, Mississippi. I've been lurking around the forums for a month before I decided to finally make a account.

Judging by the posts on the forum, I know your opinions on this but I'll just go ahead and say it; I learned about the whole storage thing from, guess what, Storage Wars. Before you jump on the crush the non-before-the-shows-came-out-user bandwagon that I've seen from some of the posts on the forum, I haven't actually gone to any auctions and don't really plan to until I actually learn about the auctions and what to/not to do so don't worry about me being one of those people that 'goes to auctions' and 'runs up the lockers' due to lack of info.

Anyways, hope my 'stay here' will be fun and not hate filled.

P.S. Any tips or things of the sort would be appreciated.

P.S.S. Thread was made at 5am, so try to ignore the grammar mistakes if you can.

Offline Leota

• View Profile
    • Donna's Resale Attic
Re: Heyo from Mississippi
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 08:37:14 AM »
Hi Nate, I found the best way to learn is to be there and watch. The first couple of times I made it to the auctions, watched the bids and what was in the units to see what I might be interested in. At first I didn't want the larger units but after you go a few times and find reselling venues you can decide if you wish to bid on the larger ones or stick with the smaller. Good luck, we all have to start somewhere, don't we?? ;-)

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 03:38:33 PM »
Welcome and enjoy!

Offline Leota

• View Profile
    • Donna's Resale Attic
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 08:12:17 PM »
Hi Nate, Welcome and don't worry about the newbie talk. We were all new at this one time or another.  :P  Yes, the shows have caused the units to be bid up higher than they used to but in time people will find that most of the items in the unit are of no value. Most of it will be clothes, personal papers etc. The good units are few and far between.  I think the best way to learn how to bid and what to look for is to go to a few auctions and observe a couple of times. I will give you one hint right now though, look close to the door, if there are more than 2 or 3 locks broken inside, run do not walk, RUN from that unit.  :D The more the locks usually means the more times the clients have been able to enter the unit and collect most of anything that might be of value. Good Luck!  ::)

Offline rugie

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 06:09:06 PM »
hey! I'm also in Mississippi. Good luck :)

xx
Hey from Mississippi

Started by rugie

3 Replies
Last post August 22, 2011, 03:30:50 PM
by jrossjr79
xx
New from North Mississippi

Started by MTigers

4 Replies
Last post June 21, 2011, 06:12:00 PM
by MTigers