Storage Auctions

Hi Everyone. Need advice

Hi Everyone. Need advice
« on: November 30, 2010, 03:10:21 PM »
I am planning on going to a couple of auctions tomorrow morning. These will be my first auctions to attend.
I want to know how early I should show up before the start. The first one is at 10 am the 2nd 11:30 am.
Both are near where I live, and are less than 5 miles apart.
If I buy anything my max budget is $100.
Looking to do this for fun and extra cash.
Any advice will be appreciated.
Thx. :)

Re: Hi Everyone. Need advice
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 06:02:08 PM »
Hi,
I would try and arrive at least 15 mins early.  You might have to sign in.  And you might want to bring a flashlight, your own lock and some gloves.  When I first starting going, I just observed.  I think I went to about 10 auctions before I started bidding.  But, you might find something that you like at the first one.  You never know!  Have fun!  And keep us posted, if you buy anything.  Healthe  :)

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 07:11:28 PM »
Yea probably 10-15 minutes early is plenty. All you usually need to do is sign in on a sheet in the office. Don't be afraid to mingle and ask questions with the crowd, most people are pretty helpful and don't mind. Definitely bring a lock just in case you win a unit. If you don't have a huge flash light don't worry about it. Usually everyone else does and you can just look in there while they are shining on everything.

I was like Healthe and probably went to 10 or so auctions before I started bidding just to kind of see how it works. But don't be afraid to jump in on the actions. There is really no secret to it just gotta jump right in!! Good luck! Definitely come back on here and let us know your first experience at the auctions!!

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 07:59:44 PM »
Thanks for the input and advice. You confirmed what I had thought.
How long does an auction usually take?
The first one tomorrow is 7 units, the 2nd is for 25 units.
How much time should I allow for?

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 08:50:03 PM »
7 units should be done in about 30 minutes or so...25 units probably an hour to an hour and a half. You will probably get there tomorrow and the 7 units turned into 4 and the 25 turned into 15 or so. A lot of the time people pay at the last minute. Good luck

xx
Need a little advice

Started by terrorbow

5 Replies
Last post October 09, 2011, 11:00:52 PM
by jrossjr79
xx
Need some advice

Started by AuctionFace

2 Replies
Last post July 21, 2011, 07:39:57 PM
by monkeybusiness