Storage Auctions

Howdy from Northeast Texas

Howdy from Northeast Texas
« on: June 02, 2011, 02:29:51 PM »
Hi everyone.  Not only am I new to the forum, but I am brand new to storage auctions.

I live in Mt. Vernon, TX.  It is about 100 miles east of Dallas.  If you have ever been to BFE, keep driving about 20 more miles and you will see my mailbox.

I signed up last night, and have put in at least 8 to 10 hours of reading time on the boards.  Drew just approved my account, so I am ready to get on the ball and learn all I can from you guys.

There is a lot of excellent information I have seen so far.  Because of one of the posts, I have already started compiling a call list of local storage units within a 50 mile radius.  I think I am up to 49, and that is with just a couple of small phone books.  I know there are a lot more, I just have to hit google up for the answers.

I was going to hit one of two auctions in Greenville, TX today.  I saw them on freeauctionlists.blogspot.com.  I would have made it, but I finished reading this morning at 5:30am and woke up 30 minutes late.  Oh well, there will always be more.

Well, If you are wondering, My wife and I are wanting to get into the storage auction scene because I drive 18-wheeler full time locally, work my cb radio sales and repair shop part time out of my house, pick up autos to repair and sell, and finally do wooe burnt art.  I would like to eventually generate enough income between all of my small businesses to quit driving truck full time and be able to concentrate more on my cb radio shop.  

I am guilty of liking to watch Storage Wars.  Though it is not realistic, it is entertaining.  I actually had the idea of doing this when I had my pizza restaurant back in 2003.  I thought of doing it to make a little extra income.  Well, the pizza restaurant bit a chunk out of me and I never had the "extra" money to do it.  Now, I can afford to drop some here and there to get started.

Well, I am looking forward to hearing and learning form everyone.

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
Re: Howdy from Northeast Texas
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 06:33:27 PM »
Hey welcome aboard! Glad someone is finding some use out of the forums haha

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 08:39:37 PM »
Welcome and best of luck at the auction.  8)

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 09:23:20 PM »
Welcome to the forum...and if you do a lot of posting, we might be calling you RR for short !

You'll enjoy this business.  ;D

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 09:55:45 PM »
Welcome to the forum...and if you do a lot of posting, we might be calling you RR for short !

You'll enjoy this business.  ;D

You can call me what you want, just make sure you call me if there is a good auction around here.

I hope I do get to know everyone on here.  You will see me post sporadically.  I am a member of a few different types of forums I frequent, and when I get real excited about that hoby/business, you will see me post like crazy, then I might not post for a short bit, but rest assured I will be back.

I have read probably between 1/4 to 1/2 of this forum.  I hope to read it all before I do hit my first auction.  I will probably have a lot of questions as I go along.

If anyone hits auctions in my area, let me know.  i might run into you sometime soon.

Thanks for the welcomes.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 08:00:47 AM »
Funny I didnt see this post before, oh well, welcome, and keep the good posting up

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 09:20:28 PM »
Funny I didnt see this post before, oh well, welcome, and keep the good posting up

Yeah, I would say a little late, since we have already been chatting it up, lol.  I appreciate it anyways.

xx
Howdy from Austin, Texas

Started by asemerson

3 Replies
Last post May 18, 2011, 11:21:22 PM
by jrossjr79
xx
New Forum Member in Northeast (NH)

Started by anothermanstreasure

4 Replies
Last post April 17, 2011, 03:58:26 PM
by Drew