Storage Auctions

Intro - SF Bay Area Here!

Intro - SF Bay Area Here!
« on: January 24, 2012, 09:48:23 AM »
Hi everybody!!  I am in the East SF Bay.  I buy at storage auctions 3-4 a year, estate sales and lurk the local thrift stores.  I am hoping to talk "treasure" with others in my area and across the forum also.   :)

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
Re: Intro - SF Bay Area Here!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 09:55:16 AM »
Welcome to the forums! 49er fan here! Almost made it to the big game. I grew up in San jose

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 10:03:58 AM »
Hi everybody!!  I am in the East SF Bay.  I buy at storage auctions 3-4 a year, estate sales and lurk the local thrift stores.  I am hoping to talk "treasure" with others in my area and across the forum also.   :)

Welcome....there are some bay area lurkers here...hardly ever post; go ahead and let us know what your last auction was like...attendance, prices, etc.

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 10:41:18 AM »
Hi Drew!  Hi MovieMan!   Thank you for the greeting- I actually just found this forum early this morning and jumped onboard.  I have been absorbed reading the many posts, and wow, you both have some great pointers and stories! 

I am actually in the Benicia area, originally from "the valley" central, that is.  Lately, I have been trolling estate sales.  The last unit/lkr I bought was from Susiun City (Fairfield).  2 huge tv's, couldn't believe they both worked, bunk beds, fish tank, desk, compressor and totes of dirty clothes!  It was obvious that the unit was a catch all for many people.  Yuck, I'm thinking of the dirty clothes, and we are talking well worn dirty! 

I think the most surprising item that I have made an excellent profit on from buying units, is women's vintage hankies, yep - fancy rags!   They brought approx $500 after posting, selling fees etc over a period of time.  And about $800 in scrap gold. 

But, I learned that buying these are A LOT of hard work!  And not for the weak of heart and stomach.... btw - I always return important documents, pictures, yearbooks, medical to the managers on site.

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 09:51:52 PM »
Welcome seagrey.Good Luck.

xx
Fulfilling my newbie intro obligation

Started by Fantasia

4 Replies
Last post May 23, 2013, 04:09:48 PM
by Alias300
xx
Hi from ATL area

Started by The Young Gun