Storage Auctions

Just bought my first unit

Just bought my first unit
« on: November 05, 2011, 04:00:53 AM »
Hi everyone!

I live in the Houston area and have been attending storage auctions for the last couple of months, just to get a feel for how things worked.

I got a partner recently and we purchased our first unit a few days ago. It was mostly items for someone who owned a small painting business. From the locker we got an airless paint sprayer, 3 6' aluminum ladders, 2 nail guns (one is power, one is compression), a step ladder, a set of work lights, a circular skil saw, a portable table saw, a grinder, about 20 gallons of paint, several caulking guns, a metric stud removal set, and several various other tools.

There was also a solid mahogany kitchen table. It needs alot of work, but I'm sure we can get it into a sellable condition.

There are probably a few other items I'm not recalling, right now.

After the weekend, we're going to inventory everything and try to determine it's value. We've put a couple of contractors/painters/remodelers that we know on notice that we have this stuff and we'll be contacting a few more once we know what it's all worth.

If we're unable to move it that way, we will go the craislist route (we both have experience there). That failing, we are about 20 minutes from Trader's Village so we can always resort to that.

We are looking at attending a few more auctions in the days and weeks ahead and trying to turn this into a profitable full-time job.

If anyone has any advice, I am certainly all ears.

I also just want to add that I'm happy to have found this site and I look forward to being a part of this community. It would be awesome if this forum was available for Tapatalk (hint, hint). :)

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
Re: Just bought my first unit
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 05:43:12 AM »
Welcome aboard.  A lot of great people here and great advise and better ideas. Good luck

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 09:16:16 PM »
Welcome and enjoy!

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 09:30:26 PM »
Congrats on the unit! Welcome to the forums. You should be able to move the tools pretty easy

xx
Anyone bought a really bad unit lately?

Started by Travis

7 Replies
Last post December 17, 2013, 05:47:45 PM
by calcoastgal
xx
first unit bought

Started by terrorbow

4 Replies
Last post August 21, 2011, 09:40:04 PM
by monkeybusiness
xx
Bought a real man unit!

Started by Travis

0 Replies
Last post May 28, 2013, 10:00:00 AM
by Travis
xx
Tell us about the nastiest unit you ever bought.

Started by Travis

2 Replies
Last post March 13, 2011, 10:56:52 AM
by Pugzillah