Storage Auctions

Mike Braiotta From Storage Wars New York

Re: Mike Braiotta From Storage Wars New York
« Reply #210 on: March 26, 2014, 12:16:51 PM »
Travis when you mean crew do you mean production wise or buyers?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #211 on: March 26, 2014, 12:40:40 PM »
Yeah, production wise.

« Reply #212 on: March 26, 2014, 01:27:42 PM »
Production is pretty much none existent. The cameras just roll as we go. The producers might ask you to repeat something you say just to get a better camera angle. What a lot of people don't understand is that us along with the production company have to sometime "Greek" the boxes. When the boxes need to be "Greeked" it is to cover up certain labels on boxes that don't have clearance to be shown.
Thats why you might see a box a little out of place from when the bidding proceses is going on to when they film us going through the room.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #213 on: March 26, 2014, 04:49:34 PM »
I knew there had to be a logical explanation for that.

« Reply #214 on: March 26, 2014, 09:41:52 PM »
Still waiting on @auctionguy response.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #215 on: March 27, 2014, 01:20:33 AM »
So, how did you and your wife meet? And did both of you want a large family from the beginning?

« Reply #216 on: March 27, 2014, 04:50:57 PM »
I'm sure that could be said about alot of the members of the forum.

Even the questions of what is your best find/worst find has to be a production
.  I guarantee every person that does this can immediately name their best find, their most profitable locker and their worst off the top of their head.

The one and only good think about Joe P is that if you talk to him in person he will tell you exactly what went down and its a far stretch from what you see on the shows and hear about from other cast members.

I can honestly tell you im not production. I watch the show in the uk and it was the only question i could think of asking at the time  ???

« Reply #217 on: March 27, 2014, 05:46:00 PM »
You misunderstood.  I was stating that simple questions have unnecessarily complex answers from members that are currently/formerly on tv.

Here is mine:

Q. What is your best find
A. A massive amount of gold

Q. What is your worst find
A. Jars of human blood

In regards to Mikes response and Travis's response to him.  Anything can have an explanation, whether it is true or not is another story.

I'm not going to troll on this topic and go back and forth about he said he said.  We'll see where we stand when:

1. The show is cancelled or not
2. News about Courtney and Candy

Until then I'm out of this thread

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #218 on: March 27, 2014, 06:59:54 PM »
And now back to your regularly scheduled program ...

« Reply #219 on: March 27, 2014, 09:44:49 PM »
I really don't understand why @auctionguy avoids any of the questions I asked?
If the show gets canceled it gets canceled. Nothing the NY crew did.
I wish C&C all the luck in the world and hope they continue on in the TV biz if they chose to.
Me on the other hand I will just do what I do everyday with or without the show.

« Reply #220 on: March 28, 2014, 07:47:45 AM »
@auctionguy I thought you were trying to say i was in production lol some people dont like to be short and sweet with their answers. im glad mike took the time to answer my question whether it was detailed or not  :)

« Reply #221 on: May 11, 2014, 07:10:27 AM »
I figured I'd pop into this one and end it once and for all.

Mike the reason I'm not going to answer all of your "questions" is because its very easy for me to state what I know to be fact and you to simply say that is not true.  As the tv personality people will assume you are correct therefore I was not wasting my time.

However, now that you officially got word that the show is dead my info proves to be correct. 

They are also working on a CC spin off but I'm sure that won't last.  I don't even know if Barry is going to get past season 2 with his show, let alone Courtney and Candy.

And when an "unscripted" show dies it is because of the cast, not necessarily what you did do, but what you didn't do.

A&E pays Original $x to make the show.  Original then uses that money to pay for shooting, cast, overhead, the good finds in your lockers (oops) ..etc.  Original makes money from the difference.

A&E recoups their money by charging advertisers.  They can charge advertisers more or less depending on the numbers.

These numbers demonstrate if people are watching or not and if they are not watching its usually because they don't like the cast/format ..etc.

As Storage Wars and SW Texas are still generating huge numbers they like the format and the cast ... so for SW NY they obviously like the format just not the cast.

This is all very formulaic. 

The show always felt overly scripted and contrived.  Joe P is not likeable and is clearly overacting, you are the "new yorker" ... we get it, candy and courtney (also all of my facts that you dismissed on them are 100% true) are annoying and in my opinion not attractive enough to do what casting was hoping they would do, and the other two ... well once they started quoting that "man a$$ was better than vagina" to news outlets they weren't getting resigned even if you did get another season.

All in all it sucks for you because of what they put you all through the first two seasons, long hours/low pay, but for someone that does auctions in this area the crowd dying down due to waning attention is a welcomed relief.

« Reply #222 on: May 26, 2014, 08:36:36 PM »
this just in ... people sold their souls, took pay cuts and made some deals.  storage wars ny might actually live after all.  the cast is getting killed in what they should/could be making compared to what they are getting/putting into it ..etc. I'm not sure what the allure is of looking foolish on tv while making no money whatsoever but godspeed.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #223 on: May 26, 2014, 09:09:20 PM »
Some would argue that fame is more valuable than money. Besides, once you get famous, there will always be ways to use your fame to make money. Heck, I'd pay Barry Weiss a small fortune to endorse this site.  ;D

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 26, 2014, 11:32:36 PM »
Heck, I'd pay Barry Weiss a small fortune to endorse this site.

Really? Just how much of a small fortune are we talking here?

xx
Facebook Page for Storage Wars New York Michael (Mike)

Started by MovieMan

0 Replies
Last post January 10, 2013, 01:29:04 PM
by MovieMan
xx
Mike Braiotta has a heart of gold.

Started by Travis

19 Replies
Last post January 26, 2013, 03:42:37 PM
by Nystorageking
xx
Mike Braiotta Interview on Sparefoot Blog