Storage Auctions

Mike Braiotta From Storage Wars New York

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
Re: Mike From Storage Wars NY
« Reply #135 on: February 25, 2013, 12:37:51 PM »
I get that.  But to me it's like cars.
I love doing auto body.   But I hated working in a collision shop.  And the money was great.
I'd rather make less and enjoy the process.

That said, I will still grab a collision job from time to time just because I need the money.

So yeah, if I see a unit in an online auction I think I can score on I'm gonna bid.

To me it sounds like you get your high off the making money.  I get mine off the process.
Some just like to dig thru units.   And I think some just like to win a unit no matter what.....

Whatever your reason, if it makes you happy and not hurting anyone, I say do it.....and if we make money at it? All the better!

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Mike From Storage Wars NY
« Reply #136 on: February 25, 2013, 02:58:17 PM »
Good point...also a good idea for a new topic.  ;)

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Mike Braiotta From Storage Wars New York
« Reply #137 on: February 25, 2013, 06:09:55 PM »
There is no doubt that storage auctioneers are upset with Storage Battles & Sealed Online Bids. Why wouldn't they be? They're taking money out of their pocket. The other websites won't allow auctioneers to use the service because they want to keep the commission. Since my new site is completely free, I'm allowing auctioneers to utilize the service as well. Once the auctioneers see that our website helps them make more money, I think they will show their support.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: February 25, 2013, 08:01:36 PM »
Like I said, the process is aleady in motion. Auctioneers aren't going to do a 180 on a dime and look bad.

There is also another group that is seeking the help of the FTC. When the hammer comes down (no pun intended) this is going to make the Hester lawsuit look like childs play... ;o)

Careful Travis...

Well then, Storage Battles and Sealed Online Bids should watch out. My site is going to be completely legal. The main reason I didn't start an online storage auction website years ago is because I felt that they didn't comply with storage lien laws in most states. If I didn't firmly believe that I have come up a completely legal solution, do you really think I would be investing my time and my money in this site? I can't wait to tell you all more about it. The solution really is quite simple.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 26, 2013, 12:16:26 AM »
If I didn't firmly believe that I have come up a completely legal solution, do you really think I would be investing my time and my money in this site?

Preston Tucker believed in his dream too, in fact he was quoted as saying, "Isn't that the idea? To build a better mouse trap?"

Hmm, now what ever happened to that lad?

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #140 on: February 26, 2013, 08:57:57 AM »
Preston Tucker believed in his dream too, in fact he was quoted as saying, "Isn't that the idea? To build a better mouse trap?"

Hmm, now what ever happened to that lad?

I see your point. People also laughed at the Wright brothers. I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 26, 2013, 10:43:14 AM »
People also laughed at the Wright brothers.

There's a difference. The Wright brothers developed something that no one else had.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: February 26, 2013, 03:20:53 PM »
There's a difference. The Wright brothers developed something that no one else had.

Your assuming our site is going to be a replica of theirs. It's not. There are 3 major differences between this site and our predecessor's. 1. Were free. 2. Auctioneers are encouraged to participate. 3. Compliance with lien laws in all 50 states.

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 27, 2013, 10:06:00 AM »
This new site might work out great! I say not to bag on new site til its had a chance to start up and has a fair chance to prove its self.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: February 27, 2013, 10:16:55 AM »
This new site might work out great! I say not to bag on new site til its had a chance to start up and has a fair chance to prove its self.

I appreciate that. I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised. I'll be posting the URL in the VIP lounge in a few days. This way I can get some feedback before the site goes live.

« Reply #145 on: February 27, 2013, 07:38:08 PM »
Anything Travis is a part of I will deff look in to. He has been nothing but a stand up guy and a true gentleman. Travis you have my support 100%.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: February 27, 2013, 11:26:22 PM »
Anything Travis is a part of I will deff look in to. He has been nothing but a stand up guy and a true gentleman. Travis you have my support 100%.

I definitely appreciate that. Gentleman huh? I have been known to hold a door open every now and then.  ;)

« Reply #147 on: March 08, 2013, 11:41:29 PM »
So where did Mike go? Is he still coming around?

« Reply #148 on: March 09, 2013, 01:51:31 PM »
Hi mike what happened to the show, they had to have had more than 4 episodes shot and its been a month and a half since weve seen anything? Im very surpised we had nothing for february sweeps month at the least
scott

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 10, 2013, 03:10:21 AM »
Hi mike what happened to the show, they had to have had more than 4 episodes shot and its been a month and a half since weve seen anything?

http://storageauctionforums.com/mike-b's-blog/mike-from-storage-wars-ny/msg23595/?topicseen#msg23595

xx
Facebook Page for Storage Wars New York Michael (Mike)

Started by MovieMan

0 Replies
Last post January 10, 2013, 01:29:04 PM
by MovieMan
xx
Mike Braiotta has a heart of gold.

Started by Travis

19 Replies
Last post January 26, 2013, 03:42:37 PM
by Nystorageking
xx
Mike Braiotta Interview on Sparefoot Blog