Storage Auctions

Mike Braiotta From Storage Wars New York

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Mike Braiotta From Storage Wars New York
« Reply #180 on: August 14, 2013, 08:56:46 PM »
Here is a link to Mike's interview with Texas Storage Auction Schedules & News.

http://onlinestorageauctions.com/storage-wars-new-york-david-goliath-at-auction-brawl/

Be sure to like it on Facebook & Google Plus.

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 15, 2013, 02:32:12 PM »
That's probably because he keeps a turkey leg in his armpit just in case he gets hungry.

Here is a recap of the episode with the little scuffle between Mike & Steve.

Bet he takes a big dog duke as well. Would hate to walk in the bathroom after that guy leaves

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 15, 2013, 03:05:16 PM »
Seems to me that SWNY just came back and now they've announced the season finally in this coming Tuesday.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #183 on: August 15, 2013, 03:52:05 PM »
Seems to me that SWNY just came back and now they've announced the season finally in this coming Tuesday.

Well, they were running two new episodes each week. Perhaps Storage Wars Texas is premiering soon.

« Reply #184 on: September 19, 2013, 04:27:11 PM »
Ok I'm back!!! Travis you really need to get on that App!!!
I know our season seemed short but it was 14 episodes.
I just got word that some more Will air in November.
I have been hitting the auctions big time lately. Just picked up a nice one yesterday down in Manhattan but of course the one I pick Joe P happens to be there also!!
Supposedly I was in his neighborhood so he ran me up to $650 on the room when I know I could have got it for about $350-400. Let's not forget who he is playing with tho. Last room of the day he went after and a room he shouldn't of spent more than $700 on I ran him all the way to $1375. (Sorry Joe).

Anyway any local tri state people I have been hitting the meadowlands flea market (Giants Stadium) almost every Saturday. If any of you are local come on by and say what's up!!!
Again Travis get on that APP or make this thing mobile.
Talk to you all soon!!

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #185 on: September 19, 2013, 05:52:48 PM »
Again Travis get on that APP or make this thing mobile.

Will do. The mobile site for VirtualStorageAuction.com goes live next week. After that, I have my programmer get on it.

Anyway any local tri state people I have been hitting the meadowlands flea market (Giants Stadium) almost every Saturday. If any of you are local come on by and say what's up!!!

Is going in public more difficult for you now? I mean, do you get a lot of people who want to chat you up? Seems like it would be difficult to get any work done. Do you have any stalkers yet?  ;D

« Reply #186 on: September 19, 2013, 07:08:40 PM »
Mike, how's your wife's shop going?

« Reply #187 on: October 29, 2013, 07:49:16 AM »
No stalkers but people do love to talk my ear off. Its ok I dont really mind it. My wife's shop is doing ok. (More like my shop now). I told her I wasnt in to the retail thing again but she made me do it. I am more of a hand to hand foot soldier. Give me the merch and let me hit the streets for a buyer!!!
Dont forget New Eps Start this Friday Nov 1st at 10pm. EST. A&E

« Reply #188 on: October 29, 2013, 12:30:01 PM »
I'll be back up in NJ this weekend.. Won't be up there the right days to attend auctions, but I'll definitely be hitting up some estate sales, etc.

« Reply #189 on: November 21, 2013, 10:28:28 PM »
Sorry guys I'm still here. Just been a crazy few weeks. I have been hitting the auctions big time. I'm still here!!!

I have a couple of questions about the show if you have a few minutes. I assume you get paid something from the show, after all having someone getting in your way when you trying to clean out units or doing those outtakes takes up some of your valuable time, so I would think they kick a few bucks your way. I'm guessing around 10k for the season, not enough to make you rich, but enough for you to put up with them.

Also it's been alleged that the units are staged with items to make the reality show more interesting. Personally I don't believe that, but your not seeing the 9 other units out of ten that do not hold anything interesting. If you film enough, chances are your going to come across something interesting and highlight only the cream of the crop on the show. Am I correct in my line of reasoning?

Is the conflict on the show between characters something the shows producers encourage? I find it hard to believe this was the way things were before the TV cameras showed up.

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 22, 2013, 10:33:34 AM »
Great interview

« Reply #191 on: February 27, 2014, 03:30:36 PM »
I'm back!!!
I know it seems like forever but I'm still here waiting on a app for this site! :)
Would like to answer some of TechGromit's questions.
Yes we get paid to be on the show but trust me it really dosent compensate for the time we put in.
The little bit of extra cash is always welcome tho.

Honestly I hear all the time that people say the show is fake.
My answer to that is "I wish it was so I didn't have to dig through so much trash"
Your 100% right about them not showing the other rooms we buy at auction.
There have been some episodes where I have bought 6 rooms and they only aired me going through the best one.
People have to understand that by the time you take out the commercials it breaks down to a 22 minute show.
The conflict is definitely real! There was a few times where it actually got a lot more violent but was cut from the show.
In fact there was one instance where I slapped big Steve across the face and knocked his hat and glasses off and he didn't do a dam thing about it.
The only person I have ever gotten physical with both on and off the show is Steve. Even before we both were on the show we used to go at it all the time.
Other than that in NY it's pretty well behaved except for the constant trash talking we all do to each other.
The producers don't encourage it at all. When we film they want us just being who we are and if something does happen they just keep filming.
They never want anything getting physical but I'm a New Yorker and I really don't give a sh*t what they say. When a 6 foot 8 350lb animal puts his hands on me it's GO TIME!!
As of now we do not know where our show stands as far as a third season is concerned.
Keep the questions coming! I promise it won't be 3 months for me to respond.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #192 on: February 27, 2014, 03:37:55 PM »
How is your new store doing?

« Reply #193 on: February 27, 2014, 04:40:40 PM »
Hi mike hope your well  ;) whats been your best and worst find in a locker?

« Reply #194 on: February 27, 2014, 04:42:11 PM »
Honestly I closed up shop. With my wife being pregnant with our 4th there is no way she can help out. I went back to basics. Hand to hand combat buying and selling ASAP.

xx
Facebook Page for Storage Wars New York Michael (Mike)

Started by MovieMan

0 Replies
Last post January 10, 2013, 01:29:04 PM
by MovieMan
xx
Mike Braiotta has a heart of gold.

Started by Travis

19 Replies
Last post January 26, 2013, 03:42:37 PM
by Nystorageking
xx
Mike Braiotta Interview on Sparefoot Blog