Storage Auctions

Mike Braiotta From Storage Wars New York

Re: Mike Braiotta From Storage Wars New York
« Reply #270 on: December 09, 2014, 06:40:57 PM »
honestly I havent spoke to Joe P in a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't come back. He spent a ton of money and was promised the world.
Dolph went on to do a different show.
Honestly I am on the fence about returning as well.
Who knows only time will tell.

« Reply #271 on: December 09, 2014, 06:47:11 PM »
I spoke with a few producers the other day. Dolph is working on some other show right now but he wouldn't be back in NY anyway.
Honestly I wasn't happy with A&E had to say the other day. Who knows time will tell.

« Reply #272 on: December 10, 2014, 07:07:20 AM »
I don't recall the exact number but I believe Joe P said he is out somewhere in the neighborhood of $50k by being on the show.

The amount he is out as a result of being on the show could be more.  Every time I see him out and he bids on a room someone yells Yuup and bids him up.  Rooms that he used to get for $1k he is at least paying 1500-2k for just because people don't like him now. 

He used to be the guy a lot of people feared but now they make fun of him to his face, call him hollywood ..etc.  The worst i saw was when one guy grabbed his ponytail.. its totally cringe.

This is a tough game and NYC/LI is a tough market.

From our last convo he is 100% out unless they come through with a huge payday ... which they are not going to do as I'm sure you know from your meetings.

« Reply #273 on: December 10, 2014, 07:41:58 AM »
Yea Joe took a beating. I think it's more like $70K he lost from doing it.
For me it's not so much the money for being on the show. It's about how A&E conducts itself with certain things.
I experience the same thing when going to auctions now as well.
I have been sticking to more upstate NY and CT since those buyers capital isn't as large as New Yorkers.
They run me up but it's nothing like NY.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 10, 2014, 09:55:42 AM »
I have been sticking to more upstate NY and CT since those buyers capital isn't as large as New Yorkers.
They run me up but it's nothing like NY.

Maybe it's nothing to do with capital and everything to do with better manners.

« Reply #275 on: December 10, 2014, 05:21:55 PM »
That's possible but trust me once they see that you were on the show they want to make you pay.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 11, 2014, 01:52:18 PM »
trust me once they see that you were on the show they want to make you pay.

Try this:

« Reply #277 on: December 11, 2014, 05:39:13 PM »
If Joe P lost $70k from the show he'll eventually lose than in people running him up as well.  The only way to survive post show is like candy and courtney and not actually do this for a living.  The other two mooks will do fine because they dont actually do auctions full time either.

Joe used to venture into LI for the good spots but that is where someone pulled his pony tail and I haven't seen him there since.  Only time I see him is in the city and he looks broken.

« Reply #278 on: December 11, 2014, 05:41:26 PM »
Also SWLA next episode is a christmas episode at dan and laura's house.  mary is awful as ever (luckily they found something playful for her last episode) and its jumped the shark.

If they reboot and you get back on the only way to do well is to use it for something else like an ebook or sponsorships.  Otherwise original will keep wasting your money to make themselves $$$ behind the scenes.

Its a disgusting industry.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #279 on: December 12, 2014, 10:22:14 AM »
Try this:

That wouldn't help, they would just think he was Moe from Storage Wars: Texas.

« Reply #280 on: December 12, 2014, 09:21:11 PM »
I'm heading to an auction in a couple of weeks with john luke.  unfortunately its one of the shadiest spots in li but haven't seen him in a while.  wonder if he is in talks as well.

« Reply #281 on: December 18, 2014, 06:55:29 PM »
I just wrote a long reply and for some reason it disappeared.

@auctionguy you are 100% right.
Joe P bought into what A&E and Original were selling.
Myself on the other hand approached it a different way.
When we did the NY version I was hopping they would focus more on the business side of things and leave all the BS drama out west in LA.
The one episode where I went around actully selling the items I found to the people I normally deal with had tons of positive reviews.
I was told that we were going to continue to do that.
Unfortunately they did not live up to it.
Trust me people that work in the TV biz are snakes and will tell you whatever you want to hear just so they can get to do what they want. It's unfortunate that Joe fell for that trap. I always live by one thing "If it doesn't make dollars it doesn't make sense".
Tell John I said hello.

xx
Facebook Page for Storage Wars New York Michael (Mike)

Started by MovieMan

0 Replies
Last post January 10, 2013, 01:29:04 PM
by MovieMan
xx
Mike Braiotta has a heart of gold.

Started by Travis

19 Replies
Last post January 26, 2013, 03:42:37 PM
by Nystorageking
xx
Mike Braiotta Interview on Sparefoot Blog