Storage Auctions

A few noobie questions...

Offline rugie

A few noobie questions...
« on: August 23, 2011, 03:05:05 PM »
1. I've seen publicnoticeads.com recommended to find auctions...but they havent listed anything within the last 6 weeks...Am I missing something?

2. The next auction doesn't have an office on site. Do I go to their main office to get my cleaning deposit back? (I know...noobie question...just confirming lol)

3. When I show up...do I just talk to the auctioneer to "register" to bid?

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
Re: A few noobie questions...
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 04:56:05 PM »
cant answer for your first question.

2. Before you bid you need to find that information out.

3. Most of the time they will have a sheet of paper for you to sing in at, sometimes other paperwork as well. All this should be in the front office. The auctioneer usually ask if anyone needs to sign in.

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 05:01:38 PM »
Best thing is to call the storage company.  Should be a sign of who to call if you want to rent a unit.  Call them and ask about the auction, deposit, etc.  Depending on the site they may use a auctioneer or they may do it themselves.

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 06:12:52 PM »
Call ahead.Then you walk in like a pro.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 10:43:31 PM »
Once you've been to a few auctiosn they probably won't make you pay the cleaning deposit but for a while they will. I've never paid a cleaning deposit as they didn't charge them back when I started but seeing others cleaning out units while I'm cleaning out mine basically the manager will do a walk through with you and if its satisfactory you get your money back.

As for registering show up a few minuts early there will be a sign in sheet on the counter, you really wont have any trouble finding it as the storage workers are normally nonstop asking if everyone has signed in.

There's normally a general sign in sheet and then at many places each person has to sign off on an individual sheet as well I guess saying you've read and understand the rules and everything I've never really read it that closely.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 10:26:35 AM »
The problem with publicnoticeads. com is:

#1 That most cities have several newspapers, larger cities can have over 40 newspapers in which storage facilities publish their notices. It is a real hassle searching through that many newspapers.

#2 Some of the newspapers involved with this service don't always update their information on a regular basis. Our smaller local newspaper only updates every 4 months or so and by that time the information is out of date.

#3 Not all newspapers participate with this service.

#4 Their search is really difficult to use if your looking for specific things.

As for the deposit, just call the facility or ask the auctioneer like others have said.

xx
many questions....

Started by dcurt

1 Replies
Last post February 19, 2012, 01:12:44 PM
by monkeybusiness
xx
A couple of CL questions..........

Started by bbutler247

5 Replies
Last post February 11, 2013, 01:38:33 PM
by HomeGrownPromos