Storage Auctions

Attending first auction tomorrow!!

Attending first auction tomorrow!!
« on: August 10, 2011, 01:06:10 PM »
Hello everyone,

I have not posted in a while due to being very busy........................ No, not attending auctions or selling merchandise, but rather other personal matters!! I have not had the chance to do much of anything lately. With that said, I am happy to say I will be attending my first auction tomorrow. I do not plan on being anything more than (what Movie Man would call) a looky loo!!! ;)   I am bringing a couple hundred bucks with me just in case.

There are only 5 units being sold, but it is local and I live in a rather small town with a population of about 20,000. So, I was hoping to get a shot at a unit for cheap. I did a little research on some of the owners of the units contents. Nothing that makes you jump. One guy worked as a bouncer at a bar. One lady has a degree, and works as cosmetologist. Another young lady is a single mother to a 1 yr old baby!! I am most interested in the cosmetologist unit, and the single mothers unit, because the single mother more than likely lost the unit due to child expenses, and has items that were not meant to be gotten rid of!!! I have first hand experience, as I too lost a storage unit to child expenses (our 1st child). It looked like quite the empty unit. It was a 10x10 unit with nothing but a small pile in the corner of a few boxes, and probably would have sold for less than 40-50 dollars, but I had a small lone tool box with a grand worth of plumbing tools, my wifes wedding band was in that unit and a box with some sports autographs. Items in there were well worth over $2000!!! So someone definitely made out like a bandit on my unit!!!

Anyway, my resources for this are short. I own a minivan, and not a big truck. I have storage space, yet it is rather limited as it is only a 1 car (empty) garage. Enough space for a few small units worth of stuff. Once again, my intentions are to do this as a hobby, and see where it goes from there. I have learned all sorts of ways to sell thanks to this forum. Even though I have not posted, I've stopped through a few times to read!!

Thanks again for the great forum!!!
Any tips if I decide to bid would be appreciated!!

~FreeBird~

Re: Attending first auction tomorrow!!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 09:08:19 PM »
Good luck.Let us know how you do.

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 09:18:52 AM »
Like I said, I am mostly going to watch and take notes...... but I will definitely keep u posted. Thanks!!!

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 10:02:28 AM »
Like I said, I am mostly going to watch and take notes...... but I will definitely keep u posted. Thanks!!!

Will be interested to hear how your research pays out when the doors are thrown open. Crowd, prices, win or lose ..... let us know.

xx
Attending first auction tomorrow

Started by NightOwl

16 Replies
Last post December 30, 2011, 09:21:37 PM
by Liandra
xx
How many auction buyers are attending auctions in your area now?

Started by MovieMan

6 Replies
Last post March 06, 2014, 02:59:23 PM
by Cobia
xx
A Newbies Perspective: Attending My First Storage Auction

Started by MovieMan

0 Replies
Last post March 15, 2013, 10:09:23 AM
by MovieMan
xx
Going to my first auction tomorrow