Storage Auctions

First Win!

Offline TMRE

First Win!
« on: January 10, 2011, 04:27:52 PM »
Finally after 2 months going to auctions and seeing crazy amounts of people and outrageous bidding I got one. This was a smaller facility that conducted their own auctions and only had 2 units up. The first unit was a 5x10 and sold for 250.00. All you could see were toys and some stacked totes. the second unit was a 10x15 and had 3 dressers and 2 tv's along with the usual amount of boxes and clothes and a Yamaha keyboard leaning against the wall. I won this unit for 50.00. As I've seen in other post people are just afraid of the work when they see furniture in a unit. Anyway the dress were hiding a 4.6 cu. ft mini fridge and there were 3 TI calculators one of which is a graphing calculator that is selling on Ebay for 40-60 dollars. I will definately make a couple bucks on this unit and can't wait to get number 2. Also the 5x10 that went for 250.00 contained a PS2 and a large collection of old broken fischer price toys.

Re: First Win!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 04:33:33 PM »
Let us know how your find turns out in sales. I think you should make back X6 your money easy on that unit.

Furniture can be hit and miss, you never know how it turns out.
Quality furniture are rarely any problems, Chineese furniture and cheap stuff will build you a inventory for a long time.

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 05:51:13 PM »
Good Job!  That first one is going to make you hungry for more!  Be careful, it's an addiction!

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 06:08:10 PM »
way to stick in there! a lot of people would have gave up by then

Offline TMRE

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 01:11:20 PM »
The keyboard is and the graphing calculator are about to sell on eBay. Keyboard is at 38 and the calculator at 37. Sold one of the dressers to a friend for 20. So I have already doubled my money and still have the fridge, a couple nice jackets, and the tv's to sell. The other 2 dressers are pretty beat up and not very sturdy so the will probably become firewood.