Storage Auctions

I got an Auction coming up

I got an Auction coming up
« on: July 16, 2011, 03:00:46 PM »
Its on the 25th so im sitting here doing my research on all the delenquint tennants I've all ready googled them and drove by there house via. google earth. alot of government people in this one most from not in the area due to state budget cutts seems they have put some field office's and personal belongings into storage. along with a 90 year old lady from Calif my guess is she has passed away, havn't quite nailed this one down yet hahaha.
Here's the listing for those interested in what the southwest has.
http://deming.kaango.com/ad-legal-notice-of-public-disposition-of-property-to-satisfy-landlords-lien-under-nmsa-1978-48-11-1-to/19273947

I was just wondering what else everyone does to get an edge on what might be inside before the big day. maybe I should buy me a pair of X-ray glass's hummm cant say that I ever seen a pair tried before hahaha...

I'll post a few pics of a few of these when I go weather forcast looks to be pushing 100 this day, will see how the crowd is as well.

Re: I got an Auction coming up
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 03:42:25 PM »
Good luck!!! Let us know how you do.

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 04:04:51 PM »
If you notice the one with the elpaso TX address is a Radio Shack. just google earth it and whala wanna guess whats inside ? besides ladders and tools.  its only a 5x5 but id almost bet theres a bit of stuff from the store there. they probably had a branch in deming that closed.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&xhr=t&q=208+Rose+Yreka,+CA+96097&cp=0&pq=yreka+ca+real+estate&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1418&bih=807&bs=1&wrapid=tljp131084863562734&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x54ce45d6304394bb:0xa38ff1243b2de93,208+Rose+Ln,+Yreka,+CA+96097&gl=us&ei=lPYhToGzAdLWiAKzmfSZAw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CBYQ8gEwAA

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 05:38:55 PM »
If you notice the one with the elpaso TX address is a Radio Shack. just google earth it and whala wanna guess whats inside ? besides ladders and tools.  its only a 5x5 but id almost bet theres a bit of stuff from the store there. they probably had a branch in deming that closed.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&xhr=t&q=208+Rose+Yreka,+CA+96097&cp=0&pq=yreka+ca+real+estate&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1418&bih=807&bs=1&wrapid=tljp131084863562734&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x54ce45d6304394bb:0xa38ff1243b2de93,208+Rose+Ln,+Yreka,+CA+96097&gl=us&ei=lPYhToGzAdLWiAKzmfSZAw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CBYQ8gEwAA

My guess is that with all the Radio Shacks around the country that when a store closes down, the existing inventory and display  merch goes to other stores, but I'll be anxious to hear your report.

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 06:23:01 PM »
Yes I agree movieman the guy thats name is listed with that his dad is also a verry popular wealthy lawyer there in deming so it maybe gone as daddy may bail him out.
WoW I guess that link was long and went to the lady in Cal's house a douplex. I did find where she was listed in deming and 90 years old that explains the wheelchair (condition to be determined) but I wouldnt go over $50 on this unit although electric wheelchairs are worth 1k new $250 on craigslist would pay for my expense's duplex living doesnt scream high end or antiques to me.

anyhow thought it would be good for some newbies to see this I'll definatly fallow up as its funny sometimes what is really there when the door go's up.

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 06:50:46 PM »
OK I went and boy did I get a lesson. I was greeted by a large crowd new management and the auctioner was new. hell I felt like a newbie LOL.. didnt get any pics as they asked folks not to. anyhow I got there early and was in line to sighn up when here came a guy with a basket handing out pens and brochure's business cards and candy. he said there's soda and water on ice over there and on the other side were bar-b-qin hot dogs there all free help yourself it was about then the balloons flying all over the place sunk in I was like wheres the radio station I asked as he was handing the lady stuff behind me he just laughed. I felt like they shoulda had a clown handing out cotton candy or juggling out there LMAO. anyhow the prices matched the crowd the radio shack lkr had construction tools power saws exstension cords etc in it I had it pegged for $150 WRONG it went over $700 I was like look out lowes and home repo you have compotition now. all 9 lockers went sky high in price. the old lady unit $1,500 alot of hangers and OLD Trash old rod iron patio tabel took alot of room the wheelchair was a hover around but still WOW.... them folks got paid for the drinks and hot dogs they were only free to none bidders and I wont be back there for atleast 6 months.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 07:27:56 PM »
OK I went and boy did I get a lesson. .......the radio shack lkr had construction tools power saws exstension cords etc in it I had it pegged for $150 WRONG it went over $700.....the old lady unit $1,500 alot of hangers and OLD Trash.....I wont be back there for atleast 6 months.

Welcome to our world ! 

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 06:43:01 AM »
I would keep going just for the free bottled water and hot dogs!  ;D. Your whole story made me laugh but then again I might want to cry. I hope that fiasco you encountered is a rare event and does not become a growing trend for storage auctions around the country. In my area the bidding has tried to stabilize, but the auctions at the larger facilities that bring out the newbies are still a crap shoot and still way too high. Going to a big one this Thursday, I will see how the trend is going.

Offline Bandit

• View Profile
    • Storage Battles
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 05:21:37 PM »
 At the last auction We went to they had a LOT of Free water , and My wife was the only one with an Umbrella  ;D, heck even the Auctioner was squeezed under it .
  But prices were still way out of the park .

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 01:55:21 AM »
Well a little heads up in my area, I have not been out, in what I think 2 months now, just got a call from one of the storage facilities to let me know about some up coming auctions later this week. He stated since these new Storage Auction shows are coming out, he is seeing even more people come out then they did when the first season was out for both shows. Although he did state for the most part right now they are just lookey loos.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 08:32:50 AM »
I think the economy along with the TV shows is forcing more people to consider storage auctions as a source for income or just a place to furnish there house for cheap. I am hearing more "buzz on the street" that people are ditching estate sales and yard sales and looking into storage auctions just to buy things for thier own house. Of course the problem with that for the rest of us is they are not motivated by Return On Investment, so they don't care about "over bidding" on a unit. I also think with unemployment compensation running out for people and the lack of jobs returning to the market, it's going to get more competative out there. Those who have been in this business have seen the extraordinary changes in the last year, I think it is going to continue to change. In 5 years if you are using the same business model that the "old timers" of been using up to this point and just trying to recreate what they have done, you probably won't be able to compete in this business.

Just my opinion.

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2011, 11:52:02 PM »
I agree wile my area covers 300 miles and times are tough in these parts. I seen regulars still going for items that pertain to construction like a kid in a candy store just makes no sense to me, as building has stoped dead in its tracks so that stuff will be hard to move. I will be hitting another in that town tuesday then up north 45 miles of there for another same day and If I see how it plays with a lower number of lockers up. as I noticed folks there from a large city 50 miles away a few said they had been flushed out looking for deals and im talking folks with stores etc. being newbies them selfs in a small town just to find some relief from the big city crowds.

What gets me is these new managers catering to this promoteing it to keep the $$$ coming in they seem to be ready to take there facility auctions main stream like the tv show so with this its a god sighn it might take it longer to fade away at that facility just figured id see how it works with less lkrs up etc.

Then head west if needed if it plays the same there these fools can have it I will hang it up for a wile and maybe try some luck at a old silver mine I bought a wile back at an auction for something to do between bus runs the rest of this year.

xx
Auction coming up, word on the street is......

Started by CNEBamaMan

8 Replies
Last post October 20, 2011, 05:16:41 PM
by Bandit
xx
Take a look at this auction coming up in Anaheim, CA...32 lkrs, 24 pictures !

Started by MovieMan

13 Replies
Last post September 04, 2011, 09:50:29 AM
by Southern California Girl
xx
Storage Auction TV Show Coming Soon on Spike!!

Started by Drew

30 Replies
Last post May 02, 2011, 02:47:40 PM
by MovieMan
xx
Store Coming Soon

Started by Travis

4 Replies
Last post June 08, 2014, 09:16:34 PM
by Travis