Storage Auctions

What should you do when...

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
What should you do when...
« on: April 12, 2011, 07:56:45 PM »
A question for the old timers. What should you do when one of the attendees/bidders continues to walk into units, opens the lid on boxes next to the door, pull out drawers on furniture next to the door, etc. all to get a better look at the items in the unit and the facility owner (who is doing the auction) only half-heartedly tells the guy to stop, but only after he has been doing this most of the auction?

Do you complain about the situation? or do you just stand next to the guy and get a good peek too?

This guy was bidding and winning units by the way.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: What should you do when...
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 09:01:01 PM »
Take a peek along with him AND complain again.  If he gets away with it with one auctioneer he will try it with
another....maybe the next auctioneer won't be so forgiving.

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 10:22:21 PM »
+1.....take a peak right along with him!  Why not, he's the one doing wrong, not you!  We've got a guy like that on some of our runs, and he get's away with everything.  I just learned to snuggle up to him like he's Gisele Bundchen when he's looking in the unit!  LOL!  I see a lot of things I might not have otherwise seen.  Why let him get all the good units?

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 06:04:43 PM »
Thanks for the input guys, thats kinda what I thought too. Him and his buddy were clowns on top of that. Starting the bidding right when the door goes up, before even they had a chance to look inside themselves; telling people to "move out of the way" but trying to do it in a joking way; yelling out "theres a gold bar in the back of that unit!" all that kind of stupid stuff. I'm sure every city has one or two of these clowns running the auction scene, maybe some are even on this forum? If you are, why do you act that way? whats the point?