Storage Auctions

where can I find all my local storage auctions for free?

where can I find all my local storage auctions for free?
« on: March 24, 2015, 01:46:28 AM »
I've tried all the obvious routes,  auctionzip.com the free membership to storagetreasures.com, checking my newspapers websites legal notices everyday.  But, I still feel like I'm missing a ton of them.  That when I do find them its the day after or when I do go to auctions I find the other attendees speak about auctions they went to earlier in the week while I sat at home furiosly looking for auctions.

I don't think it should be neccisary to pay a site to tell me when the auctions are.  This is free public knowledge isn't it?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: where can I find all my local storage auctions for free?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 03:00:37 AM »
Sure, it's public information, but you have to know where to find it, read newspapers every day, organize all of the information yourself, and even call the storage facilities that advertise their auctions in newspapers that don't publish legal notices online. Some newspapers even charge a fee for access to their online versions.

There are other options, it really just depends on where you're located. If you're in a small town, the most accurate method is to call the storage facilities every few weeks. If you're in a larger city, paid services save you time and help you find auctions that you might not have found on your own.

I'll give you an example - AuctionsTX.com provides the storage auction schedule for the 5 largest cities in Texas. Since our schedules are human edited, the quality is much higher than other services that automate the process.

The Dallas / Fort Worth schedule is our most difficult and time consuming schedule to produce. We spend over 40 hours a month gathering and organizing information in this area alone, and our methods are streamlined.

Ask yourself this - How much is one hour of your time worth? Most services are less than $15 a month, so if they save you several hours, the cost is more than justified.

Now, AuctionZip is a decent site; however, if the storage facility doesn't use an auctioneer, you'll never see their auction listed there...and most storage facilities don't use a professional auctioneer.

Storage Treasures is an aggregator, so there is no need to pay for their schedule...just look on AuctionZip.com, the content is virtually identical...if you catch my drift.

If you live in Texas, be sure to look up AuctionsTX.com.  ;)

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 09:37:52 AM »
Like Travis said, we need to know where because there are many local auctioneers that cover only certain areas.

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 12:04:44 PM »
Like Travis said, we need to know where because there are many local auctioneers that cover only certain areas.

I live in northern Delaware, I can go to south jersey, south east pennsylvania, and eastern maryland.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 07:26:28 PM »
There are some good resources here:

http://onlinestorageauctions.com/forum/storage-auction-resources-by-state/

Nobody has commented on the Delaware thread in 3 years.  That is why I created this thread.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 09:46:01 AM »
As soon as I have some free time, I'll look for some resources for Delaware.

If anyone else knows of any newspapers that publish legal notices, auctioneers that post their schedule online, etc. feel free to add them to the resources section for your state.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 10:00:47 AM »
Nobody has commented on the Delaware thread in 3 years.  That is why I created this thread.

Sooooo, why didn't you comment in the Delaware thread and get it started up?  :017:

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 10:19:17 AM »
thanks for helping travis
Sooooo, why didn't you comment in the Delaware thread and get it started up?  :017:
i figured new threads would get more activity.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 10:35:56 AM »
It's not a big deal. Whenever I have a few hours to spare, I'll get it started.

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2015, 09:48:50 PM »
Sure, it's public information, but you have to know where to find it, read newspapers every day, organize all of the information yourself, and even call the storage facilities that advertise their auctions in newspapers that don't publish legal notices online. Some newspapers even charge a fee for access to their online versions.

There are other options, it really just depends on where you're located. If you're in a small town, the most accurate method is to call the storage facilities every few weeks. If you're in a larger city, paid services save you time and help you find auctions that you might not have found on your own.

I'll give you an example - AuctionsTX.com provides the storage auction schedule for the 5 largest cities in Texas. Since our schedules are human edited, the quality is much higher than other services that automate the process.

The Dallas / Fort Worth schedule is our most difficult and time consuming schedule to produce. We spend over 40 hours a month gathering and organizing information in this area alone, and our methods are streamlined.

Ask yourself this - How much is one hour of your time worth? Most services are less than $15 a month, so if they save you several hours, the cost is more than justified.

Now, AuctionZip is a decent site; however, if the storage facility doesn't use an auctioneer, you'll never see their auction listed there...and most storage facilities don't use a professional auctioneer.

Storage Treasures is an aggregator, so there is no need to pay for their schedule...just look on AuctionZip.com, the content is virtually identical...if you catch my drift.

If you live in Texas, be sure to look up AuctionsTX.com.  ;)

bought a subscription to storageunitauctionlist.com.  you made a good point that instead of spending so many hours a week checking all the sites I just pay $15 and can spend that time flipping some of the stuff I find.

But you say that if the space doesn't use an auctioneer it won't be posted there?  So where do I find those?

also anyone want 10 pairs of ladies size 11?  lol

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 07:52:45 AM »
But you say that if the space doesn't use an auctioneer it won't be posted there?  So where do I find those?

I was referring to AuctionZip. Since you subscribed to StorageUnitAuctionList, you should have most of the information you need.

xx
Question about finding local storage auctions

Started by shaneman

7 Replies
Last post September 29, 2011, 09:29:20 AM
by acman
xx
Finding Storage Auctions In Local Newspapers

Started by Kitsap83

37 Replies
Last post December 27, 2011, 07:06:56 PM
by MovieMan