Storage Auctions

where to find auctions

where to find auctions
« on: November 29, 2012, 01:45:29 PM »
how do we find the auctions? Do we have to call each storage locker in the area?

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
Re: where to find auctions
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 09:45:05 PM »
What part of the country are you in?

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 10:33:29 PM »
If your willing to pay to play, then storageunitauctionlist.com is your best resource. Otherwise stick to your regions newspapers, and scan them every day.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 11:04:59 PM »
If your willing to pay to play, then storageunitauctionlist.com is your best resource. Otherwise stick to your regions newspapers, and scan them every day.

Right off the bat, you know my opinion is biased; however, one could reasonably assume that there is a problem when you visit StorageUnitAuctionList's website and the first question in their FAQ's is " Q: How often do you update your data? I am finding auctions not on your list!"

I respectfully disagree with the statement that they are your best resource. It depends on the state you live in, whether you have to subscribe to the newspapers, how many storage facilities are in your area, etc. In Texas, they're not even in the same league as AuctionsTX.com. In California and several other states, you can find a majority of the information on the auctioneer's websites for free.

In some areas where the auctioneers and newspapers don't publish their auctions online, they may be the best bet because they do call the facilities; however, if you live in a small to medium size town, you're better off making the phone calls yourself, you will get the most accurate results this way.

We were actually contacted by StorageUnitAuctionList's former call center manager. Apparently, they outsource their phone calls to India. Can you image how irritating that would be if you were a storage facility manager and you received phone calls from people you could barely understand every few weeks?  Would you give people who annoy you accurate information?

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 09:05:54 AM »
We are in the Mid Missouri area. Go Mizzou Tigers

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 09:53:16 AM »
Thanks StorMe. Yea I have heard of those teams playing that game today. I guess the Tigers are the nooby's in the SEC. There will come a day that things go a little better for them. Its tough to be new. I have e-mailed the facilities in my area and gotten several responces. Got a sale Monday so wish me luck. I will call those that didn't respond and get the info I need. Thanks again
Cringle....Ho Ho Ho. Happy holidays

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 01:09:50 PM »
Thanks, I will let you know how it goes Monday. I'm taking my wife so I will probably end up with something. Unless I can control her. She loves boxes.......  Sorry about the dawgs. It was a good game from outside the personal ties.
Cringle

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 08:18:10 AM »
Another bust. Didn't pull the trigger on one yesterday. Now waiting and looking for another one to go to. I think I will take my time and get one that actually looks good from the door.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 08:28:41 AM »
Yeah, just be patient and eventually the right unit will come along at the right price.

xx
where to find auctions

Started by terrorbow

21 Replies
Last post July 31, 2011, 10:42:26 PM
by jrossjr79
xx
How do YOU find auctions?

Started by Jr1972

9 Replies
Last post July 10, 2011, 06:24:16 AM
by Travis