Storage Auctions

Young Children at Auctions

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Young Children at Auctions
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2011, 08:22:15 PM »
I've heard an auctioneer say the reason for the no smoking rule is because they don't know what's in the unit when the door goes up. There could be something highly flammable in there.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2011, 11:23:32 PM »
I've heard an auctioneer say the reason for the no smoking rule is because they don't know what's in the unit when the door goes up. There could be something highly flammable in there.

Not to mention the prop mgrs just don't want to sweep up the butts at the end of the auction !  ;D

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2011, 02:17:50 AM »
Not to mention the prop mgrs just don't want to sweep up the butts at the end of the auction !  ;D

That is what I think it is. The clean up.

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2011, 08:39:31 PM »
We went to our first auction yesterday and some idiot burned a hole in the sleeve of my jacket when he got too close to me with his cigarette. I don't smoke myself. The jacket was less than two months old. A birthday gift from my husband. Columbia fleece. At least half of the 60 or so people at this auction were smoking. Two of them were carrying small dogs. Is this normal for people to bring their pets to auctions?

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2011, 01:20:51 AM »
some idiot burned a hole in the sleeve of my jacket when he got too close to me with his cigarette.

Is this normal for people to bring their pets to auctions?

Did you insist this person pay for the damage?
I have yet to see someone bring a pet to an auction.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2011, 07:17:33 AM »
See dogs all the time. Last auction one small dog well behaved did not really know it was there.

I would have gone off on the burned jacket. We smoke but re-frame during auctions. Just common courtesy.

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2011, 09:36:05 AM »
He offered an apology, but that is all ( for burning my sleeve). I am just too nice I guess. Afterwards, I wished I had insisted he give me $40 which is what my husband paid for the jacket. Next time I will be a little more assertive.

The two dogs that were there were very well behaved. Better than some of the people.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2011, 11:18:58 AM »
when im smoking at an auction I'll normally step away from the crowd i would never smoke in a crowd of 50 people all shoulder to shoulder waiting to look at a unit however its probably just as possible you bumped into him. as for pets never seen a pet at an auction lol

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2011, 12:09:33 PM »
We have one oriental lady that always brings her dog to the auction.  They also normally drive from unit to unit like they are to old to walk.

Seen dogs at a few others at random times.  It's normally the purse size dogs and not a bother.  Since I have dogs even if they barked it wouldn't really phase me.

As for smokers - you get all kinds at the auctions.  Most of the smokers wait till they get in car or move away from the crowds.  Others light up anywhere and everywhere.

We have a few locations that they tell you up front no smoking allowed.

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2011, 05:30:57 PM »
Both dogs were very small, and always in their owner's arms. Most of the smokers did move away from the crowd. I used to be a smoker myself. Been a non-smoker for 12 years now. I agree that when everyone is trying to move in close to get a look at a locker is maybe not the best time to be holding a cigarette. I didn't even realize he had one in his hand until he was apologizing for the accident.

xx
Children at Auctions

Started by Cobia

35 Replies
Last post August 25, 2011, 09:09:26 PM
by VinceRN
xx
No children at storage auctions?

Started by MovieMan

5 Replies
Last post November 29, 2012, 10:45:27 PM
by Fayettenam Man