Storage Auctions

A variety of opinions about ONLINE STORAGE AUCTIONS

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
A variety of opinions about ONLINE STORAGE AUCTIONS
« on: March 29, 2013, 10:15:12 AM »
This thread is an attempt to provide links to sources outside this forum which express opinions about the online storage auction approach to selling storage units.

It doesn't matter to me whether those links are PRO or CON this new approach. I'll start this thread with a link to an almost 10 minute comment on this subject.

Feel free to add your own outside links. If you want to add your OWN opinion here too that's OK, but there are already several threads running along those lines.  The outside comments from people not associated with this forum would be a refreshing change, even if WE have to provide them.

I'm not a fan of YouTube in general or of this fellow in particular but here it is.

Read the comments below the video as well....that's another chance to get a VARIETY of opinions.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: A variety of opinions about ONLINE STORAGE AUCTIONS
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 11:28:57 AM »
Here is a good debate if you have nothing else to do for the next half hour.

http://www.selfstoragetalk.com/legal-insurance-issues/5660-online-storage-auctions.html

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 01:40:04 PM »
I'm not a fan of YouTube in general or of this fellow in particular but here it is.

Read the comments below the video as well....that's another chance to get a VARIETY of opinions.
[/quote]

Keep in mind, when Glendon made this video he was referring to the late StorageDepot.com. I think they used to be a paid advertisers here on the forum before the site shut down. Anyway, back to my point. When he made this video, I think Sealed Online Bids was in it's infancy and Storage Battles was a twinkle in it's founder's eye. Anyway, I'm curious as to what Glendon's opinion would be now (2 years later) and especially once he sees OnlineStorageAuctions.com.

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 01:59:43 PM »
Talk to the storage companys here in utah since that is the way this state is going. Get this state on your site

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 02:47:33 PM »
Talk to the storage companys here in utah since that is the way this state is going. Get this state on your site

It's set up to handle every state, it's just going to take time for storage facilities to learn about VirtualStorageAuction. I'll be putting out a press release next week. Hopefully it will get picked up by a few major newspapers and some of the self storage industry blogs and forums.

xx
Need a truck- auctions and cleanouts-opinions welcome- from cheap to $5k

Started by elvisluvs

10 Replies
Last post July 14, 2011, 12:01:35 AM
by Bandit
xx
The Future of Storage Auctions Has NOT arrived; online auctions will not prevail

Started by MovieMan

45 Replies
Last post June 12, 2013, 12:12:14 PM
by MovieMan
xx
California Storage Auctions Moves Into Online Storage Auctions

Started by Travis

4 Replies
Last post October 11, 2013, 05:58:30 AM
by Travis
xx
Online storage auctions or online self-storage auctions?

Started by Travis

2 Replies
Last post July 05, 2015, 11:05:14 AM
by Cheesehead