Storage Auctions

Lag Time

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Lag Time
« on: February 22, 2014, 04:29:09 PM »
I was on one of our competitors sites and I was watching a unit in two different browser windows (I keep two open so that I can refresh one page every few minutes) when I noticed that the auction end time was over a minute apart between the two pages. Apparently there is an issue with their timer. Word to the wise, you really have to refresh the page every few minutes as you get close to the end of the auction. It would be upsetting if you lost a unit over a glitch like that.

Re: Lag Time
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 11:46:08 AM »
I just lost a locker due to lag time, very frustrating. I was willing to go up to 700 and lost it for 560. Makes me wonder if it's worth waiting until the end to bid. If I wasn't trying to sneak in within the final minute I would have had my bid in and let proxy due the rest. Live and learn. Probably hurts the most because it contained items I wanted for myself. :'(

Offline eBID

• The best way to predict the future is to build it.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Lag Time
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 03:14:09 PM »
I just looked at the code for how they do the timer.  The technique being used is susceptible to drift and never corrects for it.  It accumulates the drift component for each second over time.  But of course, you know that based on the experience you just had!

xx
First time out

Started by Shmoopy

10 Replies
Last post January 30, 2012, 12:50:20 PM
by craiglstauction
xx
MY First Time

Started by UGA*FAN

9 Replies
Last post February 22, 2012, 07:41:31 PM
by UGA*FAN