Storage Auctions

My first

Re: My first
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2014, 07:46:43 PM »
its a good one. id suggest selling anything worth $30 or more on ebay and anything $30 or moe thats big on craigslist. after that is garage sale fodder for me. of course it doesnt hurt to have higher ticket items   at the yard sale either

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2014, 08:04:25 AM »
Looked really good from the pictures... that normally gets me..  I did a nice looking 10x20 unit, JVC stereo boxes, DVD player boxes, and 6 nice big storage tubs with lid.. All empty...   Really broke even if you count the tubs, and a couple pieces of furniture..   Things are Not always what the seem though..   

Good luck with your yard sale..   I love church and community yardsales the best....  Going to try the flea market sometime..  It's turning cold so maybe not this year.. 

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2014, 09:53:14 AM »
its a good one. id suggest selling anything worth $30 or more on ebay and anything $30 or moe thats big on craigslist. after that is garage sale fodder for me. of course it doesnt hurt to have higher ticket items   at the yard sale either

Yeah unfortunately I live in a remote area where craigslist isn't an option for most items. I have only sold 2 items on craigslist and both of those people drove 3 hours to pick it up. I have had pretty good luck with yard sales in the past and the local facebook groups, but I think the effectiveness of the facebook groups(at least where I live) is dwindling. Thankfully I am moving to a new area soon that is covered by Craigslist, however I am probably taking a break from buying/selling for a while to explore the new area and enjoy life. It is nice when this auction business is a hobby and not a main source of income. :72:

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2014, 12:19:14 PM »
Well the unit ended up being a complete bust, I will probably only end up making about $300 after all expenses, not really worth it for the time and effort put in. More than half of it went to the dump. Oh well online auctions aren't for me for a while.

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2014, 10:28:06 PM »
because i do this full time I always target the units that have high dollar items in them. If i can't find any of those(they are hard to find sometimes) and my warehouses are low i gor for a pooper scooper unit to keep me busy(or i go on vacation).