Storage Auctions

Photos of the $320 unit I bought online

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Photos of the $320 unit I bought online
« on: April 01, 2013, 06:35:17 PM »
Right off the bat, I want to let everyone who is new to storage auctions know that this is a 1 in 20 locker. This does not happen every day.

All I could see from the door was a nice queen size pillow top mattress, a foot board and a mirror. The unit was a 5X10 so I was hoping the entire bed and dresser were there. They were, along with two marble top end tables and an incredible armoire.  We moved the stuff out of the 5X10 into a 10X10 so customers can see them better. Some of the hardware is missing (it always is) and it needs some touch ups, but all in all, it's a pretty nice score.

Gorgeous Armoire

Queen Headboard

Footboard

Curved Dresser With Marble Top

Gorgeous Mirror

2 Night Stands With Marble Tops

2 Modern Wood & Glass End Tables

Also, the queen size pillow top mattress, box spring, side rails and bed frame were in the unit. It's very rare that everything is there.

Re: Photos of the $320 unit I bought online
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 10:09:01 PM »
Holy crikey! That's an awesome set! Great steal!

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 09:54:53 AM »
That is a geat deal but the truth is you can get a great deal on live and online but most likey the unit go for way more online and you cant see what you are really buying online. I dont like blind bidding its too risky

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 10:00:36 AM »
Right off the bat, I want to let everyone who is new to storage auctions know that this is a 1 in 20 locker. This does not happen every day.

All I could see from the door was a nice queen size pillow top mattress, a foot board and a mirror. The unit was a 5X10 so I was hoping the entire bed and dresser were there. They were, along with two marble top end tables and an incredible armoire.  We moved the stuff out of the 5X10 into a 10X10 so customers can see them better. Some of the hardware is missing (it always is) and it needs some touch ups, but all in all, it's a pretty nice score.

Also, the queen size pillow top mattress, box spring, side rails and bed frame were in the unit. It's very rare that everything is there.

Travis,

I would love to here what you price the bedroom set for, and what it eventually sells for, and how long it takes to sell.

I would probably start that set around $900 & not go below $700 if possible. You did not photo or mention a chest of drawers with the set. Armoires are not that hot a seller here, and customers would prefer a matching chest of drawers instead of the armoire. Add the matching chest of drawers to the set and I probably bump the starting price to $1200.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 11:34:20 AM »
Travis,

I would love to here what you price the bedroom set for, and what it eventually sells for, and how long it takes to sell.

I would probably start that set around $900 & not go below $700 if possible. You did not photo or mention a chest of drawers with the set. Armoires are not that hot a seller here, and customers would prefer a matching chest of drawers instead of the armoire. Add the matching chest of drawers to the set and I probably bump the starting price to $1200.

Yeah, I wish the chest was there, and I generally agree with you about armoires. The really nice armoires do sell, although it takes time. With average armoires, you'd be lucky to get $100-200.

I've got the bedroom set priced at $1200 which gives me a little wiggle room. I wouldn't take less than a grand for the set. I could sell them individually and make a little more but it isn't worth the trouble.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 03:56:20 PM »
Travis,

The bedroom set sold for $1050. I listed it late last night on Craigslist. I had 4 people call today before 2:00 PM. The second person to come see it made me a reasonable offer and I jumped on it. I still have the pillow top mattress and end tables to sell.

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 12:33:33 PM »
The bedroom set sold for $1050. I listed it late last night on Craigslist. I had 4 people call today before 2:00 PM. The second person to come see it made me a reasonable offer and I jumped on it. I still have the pillow top mattress and end tables to sell.

Gotta love tax time!

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 12:58:46 PM »
WOW! Great Market/Economy you got there. It would have taken a couple of months for me to get that price and I would have had to pass on A LOT of low ball offers. Anything priced over $999 really makes people cringe around here.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 01:55:44 PM »

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 02:03:59 PM »
WOW! Great Market/Economy you got there. It would have taken a couple of months for me to get that price and I would have had to pass on A LOT of low ball offers. Anything priced over $999 really makes people cringe around here.

The economy is fairly stable around here because of the military base but I was actually surprised that it sold as quickly as it did. I don't know if you remember, but about a month ago I was selling an incredible king size bed and 2 marble top night stands. It took 3 weeks to sell them but I did get $900.

The lady that bought the latest bedroom set owns a rural restaurant that serves country food. The restaurant has an interesting twist. The restaurant's decor is full of antiques and everything is for sale. Pretty cool concept.

She bought my bedroom set because she liked it better than the antique bedroom set she had in her home. She said that she was going to take her antique bedroom furniture and resell it at the restaurant.

xx
Have you bought a storage unit online?

Started by Travis

0 Replies
Last post January 29, 2014, 09:27:18 PM
by Travis
xx
Have you actually bought a lkr from an online auction?

Started by MovieMan

2 Replies
Last post February 23, 2013, 08:02:01 AM
by Travis
xx
Bought 2 large units at the same online auction

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post April 11, 2013, 01:02:35 AM
by alloro
xx
first unit bought