Storage Auctions

Storage Battles is now Storage Treasures

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Storage Battles is now Storage Treasures
« on: February 10, 2014, 01:07:03 PM »
Looks like it finally happened. I knew they were up to something. Storage Battles is merging with Storage Treasures under the Storage Treasures name. In a way this is good for us. Instead of there being 3 major online storage auction sites, there is now two. On the other hand, it's going to be tough to compete against a site like this. However, I'm still banking that in the long run facilities will prefer our site over theirs because we don't charge buyer or seller fees. Only time will tell.

http://onlinestorageauctions.com/storage-treasures-auctions-earn-25-less/

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: Storage Battles is now Storage Treasures
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 01:53:00 PM »
Looks like it finally happened. I knew they were up to something. Storage Battles is merging with Storage Treasures under the Storage Treasures name. In a way this is good for us. Instead of there being 3 major online storage auction sites, there is now two. On the other hand, it's going to be tough to compete against a site like this. However, I'm still banking that in the long run facilities will prefer our site over theirs because we don't charge buyer or seller fees. Only time will tell.

digitaljournal.com/pr/1729297

This has been coming for a few months now. When ST told me they would like to have me write for them (with full access to the TV shows stars .... whoopee !) they indicated there were big things coming. I can't imagine something bigger than this, unless they were to buy Travis' site too !

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 07:03:04 PM »
This has been coming for a few months now. When ST told me they would like to have me write for them (with full access to the TV shows stars .... whoopee !) they indicated there were big things coming. I can't imagine something bigger than this, unless they were to buy Travis' site too !

Not for sale.  ;D  I'm still confident that OSA will be the top site in this niche. It may take 5 years, but it's coming. I'm just going to keep working on the site, making it better & more user friendly. Up until now, I haven't gone to any of the industry trade shows. I'm going to start going to the major ones this year. I've got to get the word out.

My philosophy is this: If there were two lemonade stands right next to each other, one selling glasses for a dollar and one giving away glasses for free, I think most people would choose the free lemonade.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 12:44:04 AM »
I think most people would choose the free lemonade.

Don't be so sure. Most people are wired to ask themselves, if it costs less or if it's free, then what's wrong with it?

I had a fridge out on my tree belt with a sign that said "FREE" and it sat there for a week. So I changed the sign to $50 and the next day someone stole it.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 01:00:01 AM »
Don't be so sure. Most people are wired to ask themselves, if it costs less or if it's free, then what's wrong with it?

I had a fridge out on my tree belt with a sign that said "FREE" and it sat there for a week. So I changed the sign to $50 and the next day someone stole it.

That makes sense. But let's say you were selling a shelf stereo worth $50. Would you list it on Craigslist or eBay?

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 06:43:51 AM »
But let's say you were selling a shelf stereo worth $50. Would you list it on Craigslist or eBay?

I'd list it on CL because of the shipping cost saved and because there are way too many being sold on eBay for next to nothing.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 09:22:15 AM »
While I still admire your tenacity I have to say that peoples' perception of "free" often falls back to the old saw "If it's to good to be true, it probably isn't".

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 09:43:31 AM »
I hate the SB interface.... It's also a very slow site.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 10:01:44 AM »
I hate the SB interface.... It's also a very slow site.

Do you bid/buy lockers online ?

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 11:46:16 AM »
Yeah I only bought 1 online before, still selling the contents from it, paid $820 + 10%, so 902. Currently at 4034.24 on it, but I think it will end up between 5-6k when I'm done.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 11:56:53 AM »
Yeah I only bought 1 online before, still selling the contents from it, paid $820 + 10%, so 902. Currently at 4034.24 on it, but I think it will end up between 5-6k when I'm done.

That's a great buy ! 

Which online service did you use?

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 11:58:27 AM »
Storage Battles

I think their site's under a DOS attack, because It's not working :/

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 12:09:09 PM »
I called them and they said they had 100,000 users on the site and it was causing it to crawl and not function properly..

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2014, 01:06:05 PM »
I called them and they said they had 100,000 users on the site and it was causing it to crawl and not function properly..

Probably 99,000 of those came after they referenced here on the forum.  ;D

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2014, 01:19:13 PM »
The site is completely down now... Some auctions are ending and people can't run the final bid up.. They told me they will not reset the timer, we'll see how that plays out.

I was able to place bids on 3 of them knowing that the site was crashing, we'll see what happens and what I end up stealing.

xx
Extra Space Storage gives Storage Treasures a Boost

Started by MovieMan

1 Replies
Last post November 13, 2013, 09:18:23 AM
by Travis
xx
Storage Battles Named SBOAlliance Preferred Partner for Online Storage Auctions

Started by StorMe

7 Replies
Last post July 05, 2013, 11:04:12 AM
by Travis