Storage Auctions

Storage Battles is now Storage Treasures

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: Storage Battles is now Storage Treasures
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2014, 02:35:13 PM »
vanillagorilla,

You're only going to get one of them, I took the other from you. I was going to let you have it, but my dad wanted it for some odd reason.. I don't think it's worth the price it was bid up to.

And Luke, how far are the auctions from your home as well?

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2014, 02:38:06 PM »
15 miles and 22 miles - they were in 2 places from the same facility.

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2014, 02:40:47 PM »
I won't travel more then 30 miles to get something, I don't even look if it's over that and I only buy when I have room and I don't even look otherwise.

I have a trailer so most lockers fit in 1 load, sometimes 2, depending on weight.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2014, 02:46:06 PM »
vanillagorilla,

You're only going to get one of them, I took the other from you. I was going to let you have it, but my dad wanted it for some odd reason.. I don't think it's worth the price it was bid up to.

What was it bid up to (as best you know) before the crash?  And what size locker is it?

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2014, 02:51:15 PM »
Last I seen it at was $710, small locker 6 x 4.  Total Gamble, I have some theories about it and it has something to do with my signature.

I'm hoping I got the $10 one, I think I'll get at least $350 from home depot.

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2014, 02:54:57 PM »
The site kind of back up but it's not showing won actions unless I lost them all, or they extended the time.

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2014, 02:56:48 PM »
I don't see the auctions listed anymore..  And I have nothing in my account profile..

This looks like a complete mess.

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2014, 02:59:27 PM »
I was able to pull up the expired auctions from my emails.  It shows me as the highest bidder and the auction is closed.

But it doesn't show it as won in my account.

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2014, 03:04:59 PM »
I called the storage facility, they said they are in emails with SB and they have no clue either, they haven't been notified of the winners.

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2014, 03:33:57 PM »
Luke, That one was a gamble, but It looked just like another I bought that was my best ever.  As far as the other one, I dont know yet either, but it had a Ferrari fender in it, so I hope I got it.

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2014, 04:42:41 PM »
I called SB, I gave them the auction #'s of the ones I won, They are going to send out emails to the facility and me letting them know. 

vanillagorilla, if I was you you should call them also, and give them the auction # of the one with the car parts so they can send out the confirmation so you can pick up your items.

Offline eBID

• The best way to predict the future is to build it.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2014, 06:23:27 PM »
I think the earlier observations about SB's user interface and site performance are dead-on.  It's hard to build a business and invest in everything - marketing, sales, promotion, etc. and still continue to re-invent the site every couple years to stay on top of scalability and growth.  I'm working with a team to build a new offering in this space, at ebidstorageauctions (dot) com and we're excited to offer a fresh perspective in the market.  I think ultimately there's room for multiple players in online storage auctions, and the market will sort out which approach and pricing model is best over time.  Like Travis said, time will tell.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2014, 06:47:55 PM »
I think the earlier observations about SB's user interface and site performance are dead-on.  It's hard to build a business and invest in everything - marketing, sales, promotion, etc. and still continue to re-invent the site every couple years to stay on top of scalability and growth.  I'm working with a team to build a new offering in this space, at ebidstorageauctions (dot) com and we're excited to offer a fresh perspective in the market.  I think ultimately there's room for multiple players in online storage auctions, and the market will sort out which approach and pricing model is best over time.  Like Travis said, time will tell.

First of all, welcome to the forum. Good to have you here. I agree, I think there is room in the marketplace for a few online storage auction sites, but there has been a flood of new sites over the past several months. In my opinion, I think most will fail because they will never be able to rank well in the search engines. New sites in this niche have to go up against gigantic sites like OnlineStorageAuctions.com, StorageTreasures.com, AuctionZip.com and a handful of other well ranking sites for position in Google search results. It'll be an uphill battle.

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2014, 07:33:08 PM »
Ok, now it shows me as winning all 3 auctions and I got the winning bid emails. The glitch probably saved me a couple of hundred.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2014, 09:06:04 PM »
Ok, now it shows me as winning all 3 auctions and I got the winning bid emails. The glitch probably saved me a couple of hundred.

Good for you...bad for the storage facilities.   ;)

xx
Extra Space Storage gives Storage Treasures a Boost

Started by MovieMan

1 Replies
Last post November 13, 2013, 09:18:23 AM
by Travis
xx
Storage Battles Named SBOAlliance Preferred Partner for Online Storage Auctions

Started by StorMe

7 Replies
Last post July 05, 2013, 11:04:12 AM
by Travis