Storage Auctions

Storage Battles is now Storage Treasures

Re: Storage Battles is now Storage Treasures
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2014, 11:06:51 AM »
Travis, another "service" you should really push with your site is that OSA.com will assist the facility in preparing the auction. You can offer advice on picture taking, descriptions, and ensuring that the auction ends at a favorable time. Many times on SB in my area, the auctions end on weird times because everything is PST. There's an auction coming up that ends 3 a.m. local time because the facility put 12 a.m. rather than 12 p.m. I'll be up to see what happens, but I don't think it's to the facilities advantage to end the auction in the middle of the night. Even midnight is ridiculous.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2014, 12:34:38 PM »
Travis, another "service" you should really push with your site is that OSA.com will assist the facility in preparing the auction. You can offer advice on picture taking, descriptions, and ensuring that the auction ends at a favorable time. Many times on SB in my area, the auctions end on weird times because everything is PST. There's an auction coming up that ends 3 a.m. local time because the facility put 12 a.m. rather than 12 p.m. I'll be up to see what happens, but I don't think it's to the facilities advantage to end the auction in the middle of the night. Even midnight is ridiculous.

We've actually written some articles for sellers on how to have a successful online storage auction. Although, we plan on expanding on that by adding more articles and training videos. We will eventually get to that, but right now we're swamped with the site redesign and trying to transfer hundreds of articles from AuctionsTX.com. I would need three of me to get caught up with everything!

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2014, 01:51:12 AM »
There's an auction coming up that ends 3 a.m. local time because the facility put 12 a.m. rather than 12 p.m.

Round here that wouldn't be legal.  The storage lien law in Utah says the auction has to be held in line with industry normal standards to be legal.  Typical lean auctions would not be held before 8am or after 6pm, so holding one outside those hours would open the facility (and possibly the buyer) up to potential lawsuits.

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2014, 10:06:24 AM »
Looks like it finally happened. I knew they were up to something. Storage Battles is merging with Storage Treasures under the Storage Treasures name. In a way this is good for us. Instead of there being 3 major online storage auction sites, there is now two. On the other hand, it's going to be tough to compete against a site like this. However, I'm still banking that in the long run facilities will prefer our site over theirs because we don't charge buyer or seller fees. Only time will tell.

digitaljournal.com/pr/1729297
In my state dont know how it is in others but prices stay under 200 on units online? What happed? People use to jack the price up to an average of 800.00 for nothing! Have people become smater or is it they arent watching there favorite storage shows like they used to? I want to know what has happened.

xx
Extra Space Storage gives Storage Treasures a Boost

Started by MovieMan

1 Replies
Last post November 13, 2013, 09:18:23 AM
by Travis
xx
Storage Battles Named SBOAlliance Preferred Partner for Online Storage Auctions

Started by StorMe

7 Replies
Last post July 05, 2013, 11:04:12 AM
by Travis