Storage Auctions

StorageBattles.com Auctions Off a Unit 5 Days Before Date in Legal Notice

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Here is a shocker...StorageBattles.com sold a unit 5 days before the date listed in the legal notice.  :-\  The unit was sold on April 10th, 2013 at 1:00 PM. They better hope the guy doesn't come in and pay at the last minute. Can someone say "Lawsuit"

Oh, and they even sold another unit which belonged to a female tenant which was not even listed in the legal notice.  :-\

Here is the actual legal notice.

PUBLIC SALE NOTICE
In accordance with the Texas property code, Chapter 59, Advantage Storage, at 550 N. Custer Rd., will conduct a sealed on-line public auction to satisfy a landlords lien. Units will be sold to the highest bidder for cash. Seller reserves the right to withdraw any unit or not accept any bid at time of sale. Sale will be held on-line at storagebattles.com on Monday April 15, 2013 at 12:00 Noon. A deposit is required for removal and cleanup.

Name of Tenant as appears on lease & general description of contents:
Robert W. Hartfield,  2 couches, love seat, side chair, rocking chair, chaise lounge, secretary desk, lamps, 2 mountain bikes, rugs, mattresses & box springs & large framed mirror. Tenant may redeem their goods for full payment in cash only up to time of auction.

In all fairness, Storage Battles had no way of knowing about these errors.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile

Why fight with your competitor on a concept that is just being introduced in the industry?

Lastly,  Storage Battles would appreciate it if you would discontinue sending private emails to all the facilities that you gain from storagebattles.com.  Your strategy in stealing facilities oppose to actually selling your concept only exemplifies the type of business you are running.
Thank you.

Whoa !  There's a post that won't survive the KNIFE SLASH of history being re-written.  Either that post will go or the whole thread will disappear.

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
If travis wants to send private emails he has every right to do so. What does storage joke battles own the internet as well. In my opnion storage battles is a joke and a fly by night operation that wont last. Here today gone later today. Change your name to storage bullys. :P :P :P :P :P :P

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Whoa !  There's a post that won't survive the KNIFE SLASH of history being re-written.  Either that post will go or the whole thread will disappear.

Now you see it. Now you don't. A magician's trick.

The portion of the original storagebattles post that I quoted was at the end of their post. The top 3/4 of their original post basically accused Travis of falsifying the bulk of his post. These are just the facts of this thread.

Offline bwd111

• View Profile

The portion of the original storagebattles post that I quoted was at the end of their post. The top 3/4 of their original post basically accused Travis of falsifying the bulk of his post. These are just the facts of this thread.
All good! I wont buy or support storage battles anymore and most people that attened live auction wont buy fom them either and lots of the storage facilitys wont have anything to do with them.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
All good! I wont buy or support storage battles anymore and most people that attened live auction wont buy fom them either and lots of the storage facilitys wont have anything to do with them.

Well, Travis might not either after what they said about him in the post he deleted, but not two weeks ago he bought an auction unit from them. It was the one he said was about 200 miles away and that he would make a good profit on.

I suggested to him that he might be "abbetting" the enemy. I wonder if that includes buying one of their listings again.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email

I didn't delete the post, the commenter deleted his/her own post. If I wanted to delete the post, I would have got rid of the quotes as well.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
I didn't delete the post, the commenter deleted his/her own post. If I wanted to delete the post, I would have got rid of the quotes as well.

I should have realized that !

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email

Why fight with your competitor on a concept that is just being introduced in the industry?

Lastly,  Storage Battles would appreciate it if you would discontinue sending private emails to all the facilities that you gain from storagebattles.com.  Your strategy in stealing facilities oppose to actually selling your concept only exemplifies the type of business you are running.
Thank you.

Well Sarah, I'm not quite sure how you fit into the equation but obviously you're affiliated with Storage Battles. Let me start off by saying that I wasn't trying to start a fight with Storage Battles by posting this thread...if I had intended to start a fight, I wouldn't have put "In all fairness, Storage Battles had no way of knowing about these errors" at the bottom of the post.

I don't have a problem with the "concept," I have a problem your concept. You knowingly mislead storage facilities into breaking their own lien laws so you can make a profit. If you truly wanted to help establish online storage auctions as a legitimate business, you would inform your clients that online storage auctions do not currently comply lien laws in more than half of the states in our country. VirtualStorageAuction.com not only informs our clients about the risk, but also offers a legal alternative to storage facilities located in states where online storage auctions are questionable.

What you just said makes a lot of sense.  ::)  That's like asking DirecTV to stop marketing to cable customers. It's not going to happen. If you had cable television and DirecTV offered you free satellite television, you would make the switch right? Well, once your customers hear that our service is free, they'll make the switch to VirtualStorageAuction.com.

I realize that Virtual Storage Auction has you guys over at Storage Battles in a panic. As it should. But perhaps you should spend less time worrying about what we're doing and more time getting your bankruptcy paperwork in order.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email

Perhaps they made a few phone calls and realized that they did sell a unit before the auction date. I wish I could have read their entire post but they deleted before I ever saw it.

They can claim that I made it all up, but I have plenty of documentation to back up my statements.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile

I realize that Virtual Storage Auction has you guys over at Storage Battles in a panic. As it should. But perhaps you should spend less time worrying about what we're doing and more time getting your bankruptcy paperwork in order.

If your enthusiasm for your new website was all that it took to succeed, you would INDEED have great success !

I'm wondering if you even SAW her original post. I have a copy of it that I would be happy to post here; that way you could answer the charges she made against you other than those I included earlier.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
If your enthusiasm for your new website was all that it took to succeed, you would INDEED have great success !

I'm wondering if you even SAW her original post. I have a copy of it that I would be happy to post here; that way you could answer the charges she made against you other than those I included earlier.

Are you kidding...what are you waiting for?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Here is the original post:  I trust that it will remain here in its entirety without being deleted or edited.

I understand you are trying to bash Storage Battles in order to make your new personal online self storage auction site look better than what it is, but I would appreciate if you did not construct lies. I find it ironic that you contacted Storage Battles numerous times in the past 12 months acting very interested in the online industry and expressed the need to blog and write about it to promote how all auctions are heading this way. Storage Battles gave you accurate and honest information for the past 12 months. You have been full of lies from day one trying to get a quick buck creating a platform that you do not have any experience in other than you being a blogger/writer. Storage Battles held ONE auction on April 10th, 2013, which was not the facility mentioned in your blog. I also find it ironic that Storage Battles only held ONE auction the day you had lied about the illegal post, when Storage Battles has 10-30 auctions ending every day.

Travis, the sentence below is what you had stated. Why do you find it necessary to construct lies to make your site more appealing?
Oh, and they even sold another unit which belonged to a female tenant which was not even listed in the legal notice.

I would hope if you actually believed in your concept/website then you wouldn't find it necessary to bash the competitors in order to get ahead. Do you believe that when buyers/facilities are exposed to your lies that it will increase your business? I only wish you were a real man of integrity as you falsely portray yourself.

Lastly, Storage Battles would appreciate it if you would discontinue sending private emails to all the facilities that you gain from storagebattles.com. Your strategy in stealing facilities oppose to actually selling your concept only exemplifies the type of business you are running.

Thank you.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Here is the original post:  I trust that it will remain here in its entirety without being deleted or edited.

I'm not going to ask why you're saving posts....but thanks!

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
I'm not going to ask why you're saving posts....but thanks!

When can I expect the $100 gift card ?

xx
What should I include in my legal notice?

Started by Travis

0 Replies
Last post September 03, 2014, 01:23:45 PM
by Travis
xx
What do you think the average number of units advertised per legal notice is?

Started by Travis

5 Replies
Last post July 16, 2014, 09:59:43 PM
by UdyRegan
xx
Do the contents listed in the legal notice effect your decision to attend?

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post October 13, 2014, 12:22:59 PM
by bakerben
xx
Tenant Publishes Fake Legal Notice To Recover Personal Belongings

Started by Travis

4 Replies
Last post January 09, 2015, 09:28:12 AM
by truedaystar