Storage Auctions

The pros of online storage auctions

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
The pros of online storage auctions
« on: March 28, 2013, 08:38:09 PM »
Everyone has been quite vocal about online storage auctions recently and that's great. It also seems like everyone has something about online storage auctions that they don't like. I think most of the cons have already been covered.

On the other hand, what do you like about online storage auctions?

Re: The pros of online storage auctions
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 10:45:42 PM »
Here's how I view online storage auctions.. I would keep up with an online storage auction site, if there were auctions in my area. Would I buy? Probably not.. But you asked for pros..

1. You save money on gas, traveling from auction to auction.
2. You can study the pictures of the unit over a couple of days and really evaluate the value of a locker.
3. You take out the crowd element. The crowd can be influential. "You're not gonna let him get that locker, are you?"
4. Sure beats standing out in the rain, bidding on lockers. (Don't you miss the days when if it rained, there'd be 3 people at the auction?)

One of the biggest cons to me, is that you're dealing with yahoo's from all areas, running up the bid based on little or no knowledge. I much prefer to just deal with my own local yahoo's..

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 09:46:04 AM »
HomeGrown...thanks for answering the question.

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 10:03:18 AM »
Here's how I view online storage auctions.. I would keep up with an online storage auction site, if there were auctions in my area. Would I buy? Probably not.. But you asked for pros..

1. You save money on gas, traveling from auction to auction.
2. You can study the pictures of the unit over a couple of days and really evaluate the value of a locker.
3. You take out the crowd element. The crowd can be influential. "You're not gonna let him get that locker, are you?"
4. Sure beats standing out in the rain, bidding on lockers. (Don't you miss the days when if it rained, there'd be 3 people at the auction?)

One of the biggest cons to me, is that you're dealing with yahoo's from all areas, running up the bid based on little or no knowledge. I much prefer to just deal with my own local yahoo's..
Well so do the others that are bidding so its the same playing field for those bidding online as well. You only see the pic's that the company wants you to see. When the bidding goes on for 9 days people can really jump the bid due to finding 9 days to aise moe money! This does not do anything for me as a buyer.

xx
Pros, Cons and Legalities of Online Storage Auctions

Started by MovieMan

8 Replies
Last post September 11, 2013, 10:14:23 AM
by bwd111
xx
Fewer Pros at Saturday Storage Auctions?

Started by Travis

7 Replies
Last post May 29, 2014, 08:26:43 PM
by bakerben
xx
The Future of Storage Auctions Has NOT arrived; online auctions will not prevail

Started by MovieMan

45 Replies
Last post June 12, 2013, 12:12:14 PM
by MovieMan
xx
California Storage Auctions Moves Into Online Storage Auctions

Started by Travis

4 Replies
Last post October 11, 2013, 05:58:30 AM
by Travis