Storage Auctions

Trouble in Paradise - Dotsons Feuding With Storage Treasures?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Trouble in Paradise - Dotsons Feuding With Storage Treasures?
« on: December 10, 2013, 12:11:36 PM »
It looks like there might be some trouble in paradise.  Dan and Laura Dotson have been asking people to unfollow Storage Treasures on Twitter. Now, I don't find that part unusual. As a matter of fact, I think everyone should unfollow & unlike Storage Treasures. However, if my memory serves me correctly, Dan Dotson is part owner of Storage Treasures which makes this even more confusing.

Just this month, both Dotson and Storage Treasures announced that they were entering the online storage auction niche. Could this falling out have something to do with this?

Note to Lance & Dan: Stop the fighting...you guys can just use OnlineStorageAuctions.com instead!  :D

Re: Trouble in Paradise - Dotsons Feuding With Storage Treasures?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 03:39:03 PM »
I'm not sure if the Dotsons are part owner of Storage Treasures. But I did see the same tweets. I saw something from Dan saying to unfollow ST, the merger will kill his business. Wonder what the merger is.... Perhaps SUAL?

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 04:30:33 PM »
I'm not sure if the Dotsons are part owner of Storage Treasures. But I did see the same tweets. I saw something from Dan saying to unfollow ST, the merger will kill his business. Wonder what the merger is.... Perhaps SUAL?

I had to research it again myself. According to Wikipedia: Dotson is co-creator of and chief advisor to Storage Treasures.

Perhaps Storage Battles and Storage Treasures are merging. That would explain why Storage Treasures endorsed Storage Battles and then a month later announced they were getting into online storage auctions.

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 04:38:49 PM »
I had to research it again myself. According to Wikipedia: Dotson is co-creator of and chief advisor to Storage Treasures.

Perhaps Storage Battles and Storage Treasures are merging. That would explain why Storage Treasures endorsed Storage Battles and then a month later announced they were getting into virtual storage auctions.

So he's an advisor, not involved with ownership. Sounds to me like Dan didn't want to get into online auctions?

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 04:47:32 PM »
So he's an advisor, not involved with ownership. Sounds to me like Dan didn't want to get into online auctions?

Possibly, but if you look on his website (AmericanAuctioneers.com), he was/is creating a virtual auction site.

Surely as a co-creator he has some ownership. In the beginning (before Storage Wars premiered), I think Storage Treasures approached Dan with a small percentage of the company in exchange for his endorsement and free advertising on the show.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 06:00:43 PM »
I just saw this tweet.

xx
Dotsons to speak about online storage auctions at Inside Self Storage World Expo

Started by Travis

8 Replies
Last post January 03, 2014, 10:27:03 PM
by Travis
xx
Storage Wars Auctioneers...Dotsons...Start NEW venture !

Started by MovieMan

3 Replies
Last post May 10, 2013, 08:33:23 AM
by Travis
xx
Has Anyone Else Tried Storage Treasures Lately?

Started by Travis

11 Replies
Last post October 31, 2012, 03:13:09 PM
by Travis
xx
Selling storage treasures

Started by terrorbow

15 Replies
Last post September 25, 2011, 01:51:52 PM
by craiglstauction