Storage Auctions

What do you guys do with Cable and Satallete reciever boxes (DVR's, etc)

The are next to worthless, electronic scrap to me, but if you ever had to buy one they charge a mint for them..   I get them from time to time in units and just wondering...  newer ones have LARGER 1 to 2 gb drives in them...  but seems like a waste to scrap it for just that.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Some of them can be resold on eBay, just depends on who's property they are. Also, be on the lookout for cable modems. Since the cable companies charge a monthly rental fee for their equipment, but allow you to furnish your own modem, there is a demand for them. The last one I sold brought $45. 

I've collected a few of the cable modems, will have to see what I can do there... I might look at it...  As far as I know the property I buy in a storage unit is mine...  Granted it might have been some elses responsibility to return it.. They are the ones on the hook to the cable company..

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
As far as I know the property I buy in a storage unit is mine...  Granted it might have been some elses responsibility to return it.. They are the ones on the hook to the cable company..

Very true.

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
I've collected a few of the cable modems, will have to see what I can do there... I might look at it...  As far as I know the property I buy in a storage unit is mine...  Granted it might have been some elses responsibility to return it.. They are the ones on the hook to the cable company..

I agree, but some cable companies won't activate the receiver until the charges are paid on it. So most of them will be dead units (Scrap) as you put it.

A Dish Network or Direct TV satellite receiver can have a decent value IF it has an HDMI HD (High Definition) output, it is not a leased unit, and it doesn't have an unpaid balance. You have to call Dish or Direct and give the serial number to find if it can be subscribed. The older SD (Standard Definition) receivers are pretty much electronic scrap. If it doesn't have an HDMI output, it is SD.

Check eBay completed sales for going prices.

xx
Cable Boxes

Started by mikem40

5 Replies
Last post June 13, 2011, 07:19:48 PM
by jrossjr79
xx
Modems, Cable Boxes, Satellite Dishes

Started by Travis

1 Replies
Last post December 13, 2012, 02:59:47 AM
by glassbreaker