Storage Auctions

Etsy Statistics....their monthly "Weather Report"

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Etsy Statistics....their monthly "Weather Report"
« on: March 09, 2013, 07:18:06 AM »
Etsy is piquing my interest of late as I am sort of developing a product that might sell there.

They have a monthly "weather report" that includes statistics on that month's sales. 

Here's one about  December of 2012.

etsy.com/blog/news/2013/etsy-statistics-december-2012-weather-report/

Re: Etsy Statistics....their monthly "Weather Report"
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 01:53:40 PM »
its interesting to say the least but unless im reading that wrong the average sale seems to be about $2

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 05:58:49 PM »
I posted a bunch of products up there for my promotional products business. Wedding favors and announcement magnets, things like that.. Never got a hit.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 06:01:54 PM »
its interesting to say the least but unless im reading that wrong the average sale seems to be about $2

Maybe MY math is wrong; I took $117 million in sales and divided by 6 million sales to get an average of $19.50 per sale.

Anyone want to try a third math calculation so we can get some consensus?

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 06:04:48 PM »
$19.62 to be exact. Bear in mind, however November and December are peak season for holiday shoppers.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 06:05:51 PM »
I posted a bunch of products up there for my promotional products business. Wedding favors and announcement magnets, things like that.. Never got a hit.

Etsy started out as an "artsy-fartsy" place and at one point I understand there was quite a fuss because some products being sold weren't coming out of little mom/pop shops but from "overseas" outlets.

Your "never got a hit mention" reminds me of two years of off and on listing on eBayClassifieds for items I also had on Clist. Took two years, but when I made a sale it was for $800 and I was a happy camper.

I'm wondering if people who were looking for wedding favors, etc wouldn't look more locally for that kind of item so they would have more "control".

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 06:23:00 PM »

I'm wondering if people who were looking for wedding favors, etc wouldn't look more locally for that kind of item so they would have more "control".

There is an amazing assortment of wedding favors, wedding announcements, birth announcements, etc. on etsy. I thought I could develop a couple of designs for etsy that would sell well. But no.. Not a single sale. I even put up a "design your own" option for birth announcements, save the date magnets, etc. Nothing..

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 06:29:59 PM »
Not a single sale.    Nothing..

Well, at least you tried. If you hadn't you would never had known if it would have worked or not.

The product I'm thinking about has six people doing it on Etsy and a similar number on eBay, so I have SOME hope, but if it doesn't work, it works locally anyway.

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 06:30:51 PM »
Maybe MY math is wrong; I took $117 million in sales and divided by 6 million sales to get an average of $19.50 per sale.

Anyone want to try a third math calculation so we can get some consensus?

nope you are right and i screwed up
 :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

to quote the great homer  DO'H

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 06:52:47 PM »
Well, at least you tried. If you hadn't you would never had known if it would have worked or not.

The product I'm thinking about has six people doing it on Etsy and a similar number on eBay, so I have SOME hope, but if it doesn't work, it works locally anyway.

Since your competition is low, you should do well, providing someone is searching for your product on etsy or ebay. I think that's a big reason why it doesn't work for me, too much competition.

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 12:15:05 PM »

I know a bunch of people that sell on Etsy.   One sells painting that are spendy but most sell crafts that are under $10.    And vintage items but from browsing people don't pay a lot.  Under $20.

I always check eBay and Etsy before posting vintage items on CL.  Seems etsy always has lower prices.

So you may ask why post on Etsy if eBay sells for more?
In my scientific analysis (guessing)..... It seems like stuff actually sells on etsy.   Where as they are listed over and over before selling on ebay.     

Also, Etsy people tend to see themselves as in a community, helping other artistic types.....

xx
GoogleTrends analysis of interest in the term "Online Storage Auctions"

Started by MovieMan

1 Replies
Last post May 03, 2013, 08:06:27 AM
by MovieMan
xx
More good storys "Fake Storage Wars loses its luster"

Started by bwd111

1 Replies
Last post December 22, 2011, 11:22:25 PM
by monkeybusiness
xx
Facebook Page for "Official" Storage Wars New York Fans

Started by MovieMan

0 Replies
Last post January 10, 2013, 01:31:09 PM
by MovieMan
xx
New "Storage Auction Reality Shows" category added.

Started by Travis

2 Replies
Last post November 02, 2012, 10:16:58 PM
by Travis