Storage Auctions

Have a unit you need to sell?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« on: April 06, 2013, 06:43:38 AM »

Bought a unit at auction and don't have time to deal with the common everyday items?

Tired of paying rent to store a bunch of old stuff?

About to lose your unit because you can't make the payments?

All of these are great reasons to list your unit on VirtualStorageAuction.com. Resellers in your area are looking to buy your unwanted belongings. Stop paying rent and turn that pile of stuff into a pile of cash.

Be sure to take photos from several angles and list an accurate description of the merchandise. 

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Have a unit you need to sell?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 11:55:08 AM »
This thread does belong in the "Other Websites" forum instead of here since a storage auction online isn't really another FORM of selling like eBay, classified ads, flea markets, or Craigslist would be.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 06:43:58 PM »
This thread does belong in the "Other Websites" forum instead of here since a storage auction online isn't really another FORM of selling like eBay, classified ads, flea markets, or Craigslist would be.

I think those two categories overlap.   

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 08:08:13 PM »
WOuld this also qualify if we just had a bunch of stuff in the garage to get rid of? Or do we need to move it into a unit, then picture it? heh

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 08:57:20 PM »
WOuld this also qualify if we just had a bunch of stuff in the garage to get rid of? Or do we need to move it into a unit, then picture it? heh

You know, I have been thinking about that for a while. I'll think it will be okay. Just be sure to take plenty of photos and add an accurate description.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 09:32:37 PM »
I'll think it will be okay.

The applicable laws and subsequent liability issues might be different between storage unit auctions and private property auctions. Food for thought.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 09:57:17 AM »
If i understand you correctly, you are giving the okay to get a locker and sell it off with your new site?

No, what he said was that if you take a bunch of pictures and accurately describe what you're selling, you can list it right out of your garage instead of a storage unit.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 11:18:13 AM »
Obviously I would prefer it to actually be inside a storage unit but I'm open to garages, warehouses, etc.

The site provides people with a way to sell their unwanted items in bulk. The site also helps resellers find inventory in bulk.

Just look at it as the Craigslist of storage units.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 08:06:43 AM »

Hey, how many lockers in NY did that mike guy get listed on the new site? I guess i can go over and look myself but I'm kind of busy this morning and don't have the time to do any surfing.

Phil

That "mike guy" doesn't have any lkrs listed as of 6 a.m. Pacific on 4/9/2013, but now that you've given Travis the idea we should expect some in the future !  ;D

Meanwhile, once YOU get a listing going you'll probably make a bookmark or favorites listing in your browser so you don't have to "surf" too much to find it.

Currently the Gondola lkr has around 220 views...up from just 20 a day or so ago. I guess a lot of the lurkers on this forum are taking a look !

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 05:25:55 PM »
Currently the Gondola lkr has around 220 views...up from just 20 a day or so ago. I guess a lot of the lurkers on this forum are taking a look !

That and Craigslist. Until the site is churning with activity, I'll be marketing the units from every angle. I'll post listings on AuctionZip as the auctions get into their final weeks.

The major press release for the site goes out at 3:00 AM on the 10th. Hopefully it will get picked up by some major papers.

Gotcha!

I'm likin' the site more and more everyday!

Hey, how many lockers in NY did that mike guy get listed on the new site? I guess i can go over and look myself but I'm kind of busy this morning and don't have the time to do any surfing.

Phil

To my knowledge none. Where did you hear he was posting units? Perhaps you misread the post where I was thanking him for liking  the site on Facebook and Twitter.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 11:32:19 PM »
It's the optics that I am referring to. With Mike getting behind this and the cross promotion (semi – albeit) I was thinking you might be courtin’ some folk from up in his area now. It will be neat when he can start talking to facilities up there about posting their auctions on Virtual Storage Auction.
The referral would be phenomenal.

He tweeted about the site the other day...that was greatly appreciated.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 08:12:15 AM »
For sure that is a feel good. His star power will get traffic for the site.

Do you think Lindsey Lohan (sp?) could be convinced to contribute here?  Maybe Travis could buy her next locker that comes up for auction and return all her goods to her at no charge.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 08:20:08 AM »
He tweeted about the site the other day...that was greatly appreciated.

Appreciated? Apparently you haven't yet receive the celebrity endorsement invoice. :D

xx
City Says Storage Unit Buyers Can't Sell From Home

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post March 17, 2015, 09:38:25 AM
by jamelar
xx
Ithaca 1000-2 Receipt Printers? Where to sell and what to sell them for?

Started by rulesforrebels

1 Replies
Last post May 23, 2011, 11:03:21 PM
by jrossjr79
xx
Comic book about gov't secrets getting auctioned off in a storage unit "Unit 44"

Started by StorageAuctionFinds

2 Replies
Last post October 17, 2013, 03:16:45 PM
by alloro
xx
Where to sell?

Started by STONEGUY73

3 Replies
Last post December 28, 2010, 07:08:23 PM
by Drew