Storage Auctions

LinkedIn

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
LinkedIn
« on: January 22, 2014, 12:08:02 PM »
Can someone tell me the benefits of LinkedIn? 

I'm not registered so can't see the full site.  Just wondering the aspects of it and how it works.

Anyone on it and actually seen a major being it from it?

Re: LinkedIn
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 01:14:15 PM »
LinkedIn is filled with people who think they're more important than they really are.. pretentious people. Self important (insert expletive here) who think the world of corporate America. I signed up for my printing biz, because I thought it may be a good way to get customers, but no.. People talk about themselves, don't care about what you post.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 01:34:15 PM »
LinkedIn is filled with people who think they're more important than they really are.. pretentious people. Self important (insert expletive here) who think the world of corporate America. I signed up for my printing biz, because I thought it may be a good way to get customers, but no.. People talk about themselves, don't care about what you post.

The owner of the world's most popular storage auction forum belongs.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 03:01:24 PM »
It's Facebook for professionals.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 06:23:57 PM »
The owner of the world's most popular storage auction forum belongs.

Yet, notice that I don't have a link to my LinkedIn page on any of my sites. I feel the same way HomeGrownPromos feels about it. However, LinkedIn is a good tool for SEO since they allow you to add followed links to your website.

It also comes in handy if you're trying to locate or check up on someone. I've used it to look into the background of a potential business partner and to locate the owner of a storage unit I bought.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 03:55:10 PM »
like others have said has some seo value gives you a couple good backlinks but beyond that its pretty pointless. i do see some value if your in b2b sales but for the average guy working a 9-5 or even for entrepreneurs pretty pointless. i have tried reaching out to lawyers and bankers and people through when i need services for my biz there but never had much luck