« on: March 22, 2012, 12:10:10 AM »
Suggestions? Just got a whole storage tub full of them for free :D

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
Re: Outlet for albums?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 11:28:37 AM »
Large lots of albums I would always run the titles through eBay real quick anything that has sold for more than 5 buck I would list on eBay. All the rest I would lump together and sale them as a group on craigslist.

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 02:57:00 PM »
Depends on what they are. Find a local record store or a collector. Also, CONDITION, CONDITION, CONDITION! This is very important. But it seems that when I tell people that condition is important, or that their records are junk, I'm a collector, I'm just trying to rip people off. (sorry bout the rant. Just happened to me yesterday).

anyways if you send me a list of what you have, I can tell you value and if I would be interested in any of them.

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 07:04:03 PM »
Check your library for a "records book" if you don't want to spend time on ebay.  As gapajeff said condition is everything.  Can mean the difference between $1 and $100 bucks.  Conditon of the cover and the album itself.

Myself - I would do like Drew and check ebay.  But, I'm starting to live on ebay checking my listings 4-5 times a day.

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 10:23:46 PM »
I doubt that there is a great condition jacket and disc combo in the whole stack. Either one is jacked up or the other. If you still want a list I'll do it but it's going to be next week before I can. Daughters sweet 16 this weekend and it starts tomorrow at 9a and ends saturday at midnight so ugh. Will take at least 4 days for me to recover. As I'm getting older my party recovery time has more than doubled what it was in my 20's  ;D

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 07:08:57 AM »
Oh god a 16yr old daughter....the horror.  I wish you luck this weekend.

(this coming from a guy w/ 2 daughters - one that is already talking about driving at 13......)

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 08:10:05 AM »
I doubt that there is a great condition jacket and disc combo in the whole stack. Either one is jacked up or the other. If you still want a list I'll do it but it's going to be next week before I can. Daughters sweet 16 this weekend and it starts tomorrow at 9a and ends saturday at midnight so ugh. Will take at least 4 days for me to recover. As I'm getting older my party recovery time has more than doubled what it was in my 20's  ;D

Youre not supposed to "party" with your teenage kids and their friends, it's against the law.  ;D

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 01:09:11 PM »
Youre not supposed to "party" with your teenage kids and their friends, it's against the law.  ;D

psh! I'm the Dj!

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 05:34:20 PM »
psh! I'm the Dj!

And now you have a bunch of new vinyl to spin!!   :P

xx
Picking Record Albums

Started by MovieMan

2 Replies
Last post January 01, 2014, 10:29:33 PM
by Travis
xx