Storage Auctions

Social media sales

Social media sales
« on: June 25, 2011, 10:29:00 AM »
Using social media as a sales channel can be valuble for any business.

After beeing self employed for 17 years i have seen the effect of using social media as a tool to reach customers.
And i belive that social media can be very helpful for selling your locker stuff. We all have friends and family that might need things, but we don't speak to everyone on regular basis. So by using your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Myspace or other social media sites can be worth a lot. This way you reach people who knows you, and you reach their friends.

Since i started using social media back in 2003 for my business, we have increased sales with 25%.
The best part is that it is totally free to use. Of course you can run ads thru some of them, but in most cases, it is more than enough to use it without buying ads.

It does not matter what you are selling, there is always someone out there looking for that one thing.
In my case i have used social media from 2003 until today promoting our Power generators, and steel buildings. I have also used this form of selling for my auction stuff since early 2010. But this was a little more of a challange since most of my friends base are located in Europe.  But i slowly built it to fit my contact base on this side of the pond.  Today i sell 50% of all my stuff from lockers thru social media, this means i don't need to use Ebay or CL as much to have my products sold.  I also use my tenants list to sell, since i own several houses and apartments that i rent out, most of my tenants needs stuff on regular basis. They all are on a mailing list that i send out weekly. When new tenants move in, i have furniture to offer them, or other stuff, whatever they need.  Having a malinglist is also a "social media" way to sell your stuff.

So go out there and find new ways of selling, you will be suprised how easy it is when you first start to use it.

Re: Social media sales
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 03:32:30 PM »
Pretty good idea here, you never really know what someone might need/want to buy. Thanks for the new outlet!

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 09:41:48 AM »
Great idea!Another resource!

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 08:37:49 AM »
My wife started doing this for me recently, she set up a facebook page and uploads photos.

The response was great, lots of questions, lots of interest.  She sold two bedroom sets the first 3 days she had it up.

She also posts each week for people to send her a "wishlist".  We now have over 150 items on the wishlist where we have solid leads if we find them in units. 

She always ends her posts asking for people to refer their friends to our page, so far it's had a steady flow of interest.

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 04:57:24 PM »
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I love this idea and plan to implement this for my own business. Thanks for the great idea!

xx
Which Social Media Sites Do You Use?

Started by Travis

1 Replies
Last post March 12, 2014, 06:37:57 PM
by Charli
xx
TV Journalist/Reporter Loses Job Due To Her Social Media Publishings

Started by MovieMan

1 Replies
Last post July 30, 2013, 04:05:37 PM
by HomeGrownPromos
xx
Social Worker/Rockstar

Started by Lunachick

1 Replies
Last post October 07, 2011, 12:32:28 AM
by monkeybusiness
xx
Anyone else as sick as I am with the media?

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post December 14, 2017, 11:38:14 AM
by Travis