Storage Auctions

Anybody here tried Pickin at Ross, Marshals, or TJ Maxx?

Anybody here tried Pickin at Ross, Marshals, or TJ Maxx?
« on: May 11, 2014, 04:15:35 AM »
Was in Marshals the other day and they had a ton of Nike and Adidas backpacks for $20 each. They were all brand new and still had the Manufacture Tags on them. I bought one for a recent trip and when I got home I realized they go for $40-$100!!! With them being new and tagged they should bring in a pretty penny.

Has anybody here picked at these stores?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Anybody here tried Pickin at Ross, Marshals, or TJ Maxx?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 08:35:41 AM »
I've never picked there, but Ross' prices on luggage can't be beat. They're literally 75% cheaper than other retailers.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 09:35:23 AM »
I occasionally will pick at retail shops however for the most part there's a reason items are marked down. Just for example go to a discount book store and often times you'll find some pretty decent titles for a buck and I"ll think I could probably resell these but when I investigate on amazon or something there's like 100 other people selling the book for a penny so obviously it was overprinted and there's a ton of surplus.

I find oftentimes its the same situation at Ross, Gordmans, Marshals, etc. I have two stores near me I love for picking one is called bargains in a box. It's like a dollar store but they get like surplus and unsold stuff form costco and decent stores so you can find coffee french press for $5 that go retail for $20 or $30, cheap toaster ovens, laptop cases for $4 that go for like $20. Another store I really like is called Forman Mills. What Marhsals would sell for $15 they sell for $4. I just got a brand new members only jacket for $20 those sell pretty good kinda a resurchance in that as a style, non branded nice fleeces for like $6, etc. They also have plenty of brand names though.

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 06:30:36 AM »
I was at a Ross here in Pa back in January and they were having a clearance there. I pulled a bunch of stuff for anywhere from 49 cents up to $2.99. Got a bunch of Calvin Klein, Ann Klein, Nautica, Levi Jeans and stuff like that for those prices. Been making out good selling them on eBay. Found out all the Ross stores do this, it's a way of them getting out last year's stock to make room for the new stock. eBayers don't care if it's last year's as long as it's prices right.

xx
Pickin is Slow

Started by Alias300

0 Replies
Last post March 22, 2014, 11:48:47 AM
by Alias300
xx
Pickin thrift stores

Started by Travis

4 Replies
Last post September 27, 2014, 10:59:28 AM
by Broski1984