Storage Auctions

GovDeals.com

GovDeals.com
« on: January 19, 2012, 10:15:15 AM »
Well I've switched up some and decided to try for some local gov surplus auctions in my area.  Just put in a $30 bid on the following 10 bikes.  If don't win for the $30 not bidding any higher.  Just tossing a "feeler" out to see if can get something cheap.  Even needing repair can get both parts, scrap, and good about 3-5 good bikes out of that lot.

You are bidding on an assortment of bicycles in various conditions (from poor to fair condition)with 1- 26" NEXT, 1-Huffy-Sea Star (20"), 1-20" Ambush (gold), 1-Giant, Yukon 26", 1-Nemesis 20", 1- 26" Roadmaster, 1- 24" Ozone, 1-Huffy 26", 1-26" Giant Simple Cruiser, and 1-26" Schwinn-Meridian. All bikes are in need of repairs and some may only be good for parts. The winning bidder gets all bikes. We do not know the working condition of these bikes so they are sold as is and where is. Bidders are encouraged to inspect this lot.

Wish was up in Atlanta - see a few good auctions up there.  $12 for 3 good size AV carts.  Those do well for showing off items at the flea and vendors love them to move things in and out of their shop for display.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
Re: GovDeals.com
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 02:49:54 PM »
Good Luck

No help here if it rolls and is cheap or in a locker goes to the thrift. But if you get 4 that work and sell really cheap $20 each you should do fine.

M2C.  ;)

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 03:37:53 AM »
Good luck.Let us know how you do.

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 07:34:35 PM »
I got outbid - is up to $65 now with 3 days still to go.  Not worth it to me now.  Maybe if I knew bikes better then I would change my mind but I'll pass on this one.

Just wanted to mention the site as you can sometimes find good deals on it.  More and more agencies are going to it then doing their own auctions anymore.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 04:14:07 AM »
Where is Todd H. at? Isn't he the bike guy?

With you on the price to high for something not that familiar with.

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 01:53:43 PM »
I like this site myself. They do have some decent deal. and Good opportunities to buy things in bulk and then Piece them out... one I recently saw was a lot of 100 Toshiba Office phones (many questions about condition, they were all working pulls) , sold for 250, I see them on Ebay from 15 to 30 each still kicking myself over not bidding on that. It was 125 miles away and that turned me away from being too aggressive.

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 10:56:43 PM »
I was surprised how much stuff was being sold in my area. At the end of things though, prices seemed to be on the high side.

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 12:00:43 PM »
Like anything else Fayettenam it's mostly luck on that site.  I've gotten a few "cheap" items off the site and then have been outbid on stuff countless times.  I normally just figure out my max, plug it in, and forget about it.

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 02:25:33 AM »
I just looked at this site again, we had a write up about it in the local paper. I'm bidding on some office chairs the school system is getting rid of. They are pretty neat/cheap, hope I get them.