Storage Auctions

Great little pick

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Great little pick
« on: January 22, 2013, 11:42:55 PM »
Went to an auction today..all 12 units went for way too much money...even the trash.

One unit in particular caught my eye because it had the style of bedroom furniture my wife wants for my daughter's room. I tried to buy it but this guy ran the price up to retail. I spoke to the guy and asked him if he was interested in selling the bedroom furniture and he said yes, so we went back to the unit to check it out. While he was looking for the drawers, I spotted a box of cookware. I opened the box and it was all brand new, still in the plastic wrappers. I asked him, how much do want for this cookware? He said probably about $30. It looked like decent stuff so I quickly paid him and put it in my trunk. I made the guy a low ball offer on the furniture and he took it. After I left the facility, I stopped in a parking lot and searched Google for the cookware. It was a 13 piece hard anodized cookware set that currently sells for $160 at Wal-Mart. I'll probably take it to Wal-Mart tomorrow and see if I can exchange it for a gift card.  ;D  Turned out to be a pretty good day at the auctions considering I didn't buy a unit.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
Re: Great little pick
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 11:07:35 AM »
Went to an auction today..all 12 units went for way too much money...even the trash.

One unit in particular caught my eye because it had the style of bedroom furniture my wife wants for my daughter's room. I tried to buy it but this idiot ran the price up to retail.

Uhh, weren't you buying retail too since it was furniture for your daughter??  ::)

Grasshopper, you would have got the furniture for the same price or less as buying it at a furniture store PLUS all the other goodies for one low, low price! including that $160 worth of cookware and who knows what else!

Amatuer!  :)

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 11:18:25 AM »
Uhh, weren't you buying retail too since it was furniture for your daughter??  ::)

We have a saying at my house... "if it aint for free it aint for me." Almost everything we own has come from storage units and most of it was free after selling the other items in the units.

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 01:57:30 AM »
This is a great story; By being creative, you get what you want, and you aren't responsible for  trash or selling marginal items.

xx
Missed a great pick.....AAARRRGH !

Started by MovieMan

3 Replies
Last post January 20, 2014, 08:23:17 AM
by HomeGrownPromos
xx
Grills A Great Item To Pick

Started by rulesforrebels

0 Replies
Last post September 27, 2014, 09:16:10 AM
by rulesforrebels